Have you ever faked a service report?

by Orgull 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Orgull
    Orgull

It's only my third day here so, go easy on me. LOL.

Seriously, my new doubts have made it harder and harder to go in service. A few months ago, when a new month rolled around, I realized that I hadn't actually gone in service at all the previous month. I didn't want to deal with the garbage of meeting with the elders and I wasn't (and still am not) ready to express my doubts to my family or the elders. So I fudged it.

Has anyone else ever done this? Or am I some kind of deviant?

P.S. I have to tell this quick story. I was in the grocery store last night before the bookstudy and for the first time I didn't feel sepearate from all the "worldy" people in the store. I saw each one of them as a real person, full of life. I didn't feel disdain or distanced, I didn't keep my head down to avoid eye contact. Hell, I was wearing my suit so I even returned glances from two women who were checking me out. I've never done that before, I always looked away. Ha ha!

I can't believe how great it is to feel the shackles coming off.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Did I ever!! Does a hog eat slop?

Grats to you BTW.

• ninja
    ninja

yeah but in a rebellious way.....I put one hour when I really had done 5.......

• Orgull
    Orgull

LOL Ninja. I should have seen that coming from you. Priceless.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I think most of us did...

There are different ways of faking time too in my opinion.

As a pioneer I would start my time by dropping of old mags in the good ol laundry matt......keep my time going during lunch break by leaving a tract on the table.....run up some time by mentioning the assembly to a worldly relative.....

I used to feel pretty guilty for doing these things...like Jah would strike me dead as I was filling out the report.....But now.......I am only regretting the time I spent wasting my life for the guys in NY to make money.

BTW....Cool experience showing how the holds of the Watchtower are letting go of your brain!! Seeing people as people!

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I remember way back when I was missing most meetings and doing no field service I would get a call asking if I had any time to report. I was embarrassed to say no so I fibbed and said 1 or 2 hours informal. They finally quit calling at some point.

I did a successful fade before 'fading' had a name.

• Gregor
    Gregor

If I'd known then what I know now I'd have had a very impressive field service report. But at the time i was a true believer and was scupulously honest in my reporting. 4-5 hours a week setting in JC meetings is not reportable time.

• logic
    logic

I've been putting down one hour for over two years now whether I went out or not, have never been questioned about it. Mostly I don't go out. The whole idea of posting time is stupid. Many years ago they actually had a large board on an easel with everybodys time , literature, etc. posted on it. It was meant to embarass everyone to do more. Some of the older persons here may remember that. They finally quit that because obviously it was stupid.

• R.F.
    R.F.

As a pioneer I would start my time by dropping of old mags in the good ol laundry matt......keep my time going during lunch break by leaving a tract on the table.....run up some time by mentioning the assembly to a worldly relative.....

I used to feel pretty guilty for doing these things...

I think everyone in my cong does this, including all the elders.

• still_in74
    still_in74

I faked my first 2 hours last month........I got cornered at the hall to put my time in and the brother waited for me to fill it out (no escape!) so I quickly scribbled down 2 hours, folded up the time slip and handed it back.

the games we play............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit