Have you ever faked a service report?

by Orgull 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Marcel
    Marcel

lol S4

• Gopher
    Gopher

Keyser Soze said:

I still report pioneer hours, even though I don't attend meetings anymore.

Where I was from, they called people like this "submarine pioneers". They never met with the field service group, yet somehow they got in all their time! (Actually I thought that was neat.)

• sir82
    sir82

Fake reports are far more common than most people realize.

In my time as secretary, sometimes reports would get misplaced, or lost, or jammed in some inaccessible place for a time. So I'd end up calling Brother X & asking for his time. "Oh, I got 5 hours, 4 magazines, & 2 RVs" he'd say on the phone. A month or so later, I'd find the report that was apparently missing. Not once - never - did the written numbers correspond to what the person said on the phone.

Then there are the people who, as some have posted on this thread, get exactly 2 hours per month, month over month, year over year. Or sometimes it's a 3 or a 1, to look a little less supicious. But they are never actually seen out with the group.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for sharing your observation about the "worldly" people at the store. I forgot all about that little "epiphany" as my mind was waking up to the wacked-out worldview of the JWs.

My FS reports for the last year have been based upon what message I want to send to the elders.

So far, it's been 10-12 hours so I don't get any crap from them and they still think I'm "exemplary".

If you want to be "exemplary", turn in at least the national average.

If you don't want to be "exemplary", but also don't want to be a special target for "shepherding" keep it above 5 hours but under the national average.

If you are so invisible that turning in anything more than 1 or 2 hours would draw heavy suspicion, then of course, just turn in 1 or 2 hours. And be ready for the occasional pre-CO visit shepherding call.

Did I mention I'm not losing any sleep over this? I'm not.

I'm glad you're here and all the best on your journey.

Open Mind

• helecopta
    helecopta

Hi my first post

When me and my husband were going to meetings we didn't put in a report for a year, nobody rang for one . so when the CO visit was due I phoned a whole years made up time for us , the elder was pleased and wanted to know if if were all right.

Helecopta

• done4good
    done4good

Almost every report from 1997-2005.

j

• merfi
    merfi

Have I ever NOT faked a FS report is the question...

Congrats on your shackles loosening. It's a great feeling out here.

~merfi

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

Nope, you are certainly NOT some kind of deviant Orgull! As you can see, many on here, myself included, fudged those good ole time slips at one time or another! I recall that toward the end of my JW career, I put down 2 hours just to stay off the inactive list!!!

And congrats on your 1st post Helecopta!!!

TCK

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I felt terrible the first time, but you get used to it.

Because so many of the Elders and JWs in general make it a point to waste large amounts of time I simply gave up trying to 'do the right thing'. That is what led me to not get so concerned about it. I wasn't going to lose sleep over something nobody else cared about. I realize now looking back that keeping the status quo when it came to service via fraud probably made my life in the borg easier. I knew people that really got torn down for not making their hours.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Isn't it hard for guys to fake it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit