Have you ever faked a service report?

by Orgull 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

My favorite way to cheat on service was to do dummy service. I would put in the time and accurately report that time. However, I aimed to make that time accomplish as little as possible and still count it.

Some ways of doing this:

Seems like a lotta trouble for nothing. Why not stay home or play sports and put down the national average? 8-10 hours.

Wait, I guess that would be dishonest.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I know a sister that turns in phantom time for her daughter that hasn't been in FS in 2 years. She doesn't want her to lose her "unbaptized publisher" status.

• Mulan
    Mulan

every single one for the last two years we were going to meetings.................just to keep the elders off my back. Meeting attendance was very low, so I thought I'd better at least turn in my time. All fake.

• Orgull
    Orgull

Wow... uh... I sure don't feel alone anymore.

This raises a serious question. How much of the supposed 1+ billion hours we put in service last year is "real"?

• changeling
    changeling

Sometimes I "guestimated", but I never lied.

changeling

• Soledad
    Soledad
    I would be surprised if u (Musicman) ever went out in service...It's a return visit not revisit!!!!

"revisit" is the way Spanish speaking people refer to "return visits." Remember that the JW religion is an American invention, so the terms are often "Aglicised" in other languages. I used to say the same thing when I spoke to members of an English congregation, but they understood what I was referring to. It's a typical JW-esque expression anyhow, no matter how it's used. Non JWs don't speak this way in any language.

You know what they say about people who assume.....

As for the topic on hand, I personally didn't make up hours, but the secretary did so on my behalf when he noticed that I stopped showing up for FS. He did that for a full year.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Many, many times and am still doing it and am proud of faking it. The GB are allowed to engage in "Theocartic Warfare Strategy" so - I am allowed too.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh yeah! It was the only way to look better than I really was. And, appearances are EVERYTHING, after all. It's that thing about appearances and not getting hounded by the leadership that makes people do this. So, you might say, they MADE us do it!

• White Dove
    White Dove

You know, the national average for the U.S. has been 11 hours for my entire life, it seems. Has it changed at all, ever?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Have I ever faked a service report? Surely, you jest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit