I am so mad right now, I am in a rage.

by Paralipomenon 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

kerj2leev: Who will keep a wayward officer in line if not the public. I realized at the time that my actions would likely result in a ticket, but I calculated that I stood a better chance of fighting it successfully than someone else. I was calm, respectful and have a clean driving record.

If my complaint sticks, or even if he at least gets talked to, I'm sure he will think twice next time he wants to flex his authority to stroke his ego. If this ticket sticks, then at least I stood up for what I believe in. Absolutely no remorse for how I handled it.

• BFD
    BFD

Para, sorry your day got off to a bad start. Jgnat is right you will be able to id him from the info on the ticket.

Hope your day gets better.

BFD

• undercover
    undercover
    you decided to make a comment that he didn't like! Next time take the warning and move on, now you have a ticket and court date!

That's why I always wait until they've written the ticket to make a smartass comment. Once they start writing it's too late to talk them out of it.

The last ticket I got was in a speed trap in the middle of the night. I was doing 10 over on a city expressway. He was sitting in the dark and I didn't see him until it was too late. He pulled me over and would not be talked out of writing a ticket.

When he handed it to me he asked if I had any questions. I said, "yea...even though I already know the answer". He said to go ahead and ask. "Why is it, at this late hour, you're sitting in the dark waiting on a speeder on an empty highway when you can go two to three miles in that direction (and pointed to the bad part of town which was nearby) and actually do some good by looking for some real bad guys? But like I said, I know the answer...it's safer to sit here and it collects money for the city".

It pissed him off...but hell he pissed me off so I couldn't let him go away feeling all happy about it.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Thanks for the reminder of why I hate Toronto driving! You should come up north, brother, where it is just you and the wild turkeys competing for road space :) Around here, we don't usually worry about the cops, but the deer pulling us over (and putting us in the ditch). Sorry you had a bad start to your day...

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    Absolutely no remorse for how I handled it

Nope you handled it fine, but for me its not worth the extra aggravation! Look how its affected your mood for the day. Sometimes its just better to let things go, water off a ducks back, as granpa use to say!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I'm sorry but people driving in the passing lane is one of my pet peeves too. Its not your job to police others who are driving faster than you are. It says left lane yields to faster traffic. Get over. I don't see where the cop did anything that bad, you give him lip you get a ticket. Now you go to court.

Sherry

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've never known anyone to get a ticket for this before, but I've heard them rant about this on the radio. The police have actually had campaigns in the past to ticket this very thing. Apparently, the idea is that the "passing lane" is only for passing, and regardless of what speed you're travelling at, once you've finished passing a vehicle you're supposed to change back into a right hand lane. If you spend too much time in this "passing lane" you can get a ticket. I don't know if there's an actual amount of time specified or if it's up to the discretion of the officer who is trying to meet his monthly ticket quota.

Reasonably, the purpose of constructing multi lane highways is to ensure a high volume of traffic can move along. (or is it really to ensure police can write frivilous tickets at any time?) Maybe we should start a campaign to have everyone in Ontario obey the letter of the law for one full week. That means everyone drives ONLY in the right hand lane, leaving all other lanes empty. We'd create a traffic nightmare for them.

W

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

Read again, he was keeping up with traffic and given the opportunity he would have changed lanes so the faster(Speeding) police vehicle could pass. If you have never driven Toronto's 401 HWY at peak hours you have no idea what it is like. Millions of cars on multiple lanes, merging lanes and exit lanes everywhere. Para is one of the best drivers I know. He is also one of the calmest people I know. I have tried to teach him that bursting into tears makes people feel sorry for you and let you off the hook, but he mutters something about his manhood, pride, stiff upper lip.... Haha Paralipomenon, I (and your family and friends)will never let you live down getting a ticket for not going fast enough. This is just too funny. Love you babe, and it is really weird to read about this on the forums before hearing it from you personally. Smile, I'll make you something nice for supper to make up for the lousy day.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Awwwwwww....what a nice wife!! I need to get my hubby on here so he can talk all sweet to me!! I think it is cool that you both can get on here and keep up with eachothers day in a new "high tech" way!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Para!

Where the hell did you find a woman like that?

Happy for the both of you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit