I am so mad right now, I am in a rage.

by Paralipomenon 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

The way I see it, he has absolutely no case when I go to fight this ticket.

1) Officers are expected to respect the posted speed limit when traveling
    2) When responding to an emergency they are expected to use lights/siren

So here's his catch 22:

Was he responding to an emergency without lights and took the time to pull me over on the way for the lowest speeding infraction?

Or was he just traveling, but was speeding himself? Otherwise he would have no accurate means of determining my speed.

Can he claim that only he's allowed to exceed the speed limit when not responding to an emergency?

As an addendum, I usually go much faster. The guy in front of me was only going 120kph so it limited my speed. We were still passing vehicles on our right that were only going ~115kph. If he stuck around, I'm sure he could have nabbed me for a much more satisfying infraction.

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

para ... you were between him and the next 'Timmies" ... bad place to be ... especially at shift change ... near the end of the month :)

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

(((((((((((((((((para)))))))))))))))))

I hope your day gets better!

nj

• changeling
    changeling

You were railroaded!. Go to court and fight it. He abused his power.I HATE BULLIES!!!

changeling

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I hope the officer gets a bran muffin and relieves his severe constipation.

Sorry man.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Junction:
    He was going to give me a warning, but I took exception to being unfairly targeted. As retaliation, he wrote me a ticket.

IP_SEC:
    At this point the lane count was ~5 lanes, later on it divides into two separate sections of 4/5 lanes each (upto 24 lanes across both directions in sections).
    I was also unsure he was targeting me at the time.

edit: lol at rose and nvr's comments.

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

Hey Para, that really sucks, a warning should have been enough, not a freaking ticket. Hope you can follow through and file a complaint.

• undercover
    undercover

Okay...I agree, he was a dick. Sounds like he was on a power trip.

I see cops abuse their powers all the time where I live. The set up speed traps all over town to catch people going 5 to 10 over the limit...all in the name of collecting revenue for the city. But then I see cops speeding faster than everyone else...run stops signs...run yellow to red lights...pull out in front of people...tailgate...all because they have a blue light on top of their car and that makes them special. It makes it hard to respect their authority when so many of them abuse it.

But...despite his being a jerk, he's technically correct. If we're on a limited access freeway with multiple lanes, slower traffic is to kept the right side lanes (US and Canada) so faster moving traffic can proceed in the left lanes. The speed limit doesn't matter...if we're going slower than the traffic behind us and we aren't keeping up with the traffic in front, we're supposed to move over to a slower lane to let the faster traffic go on. The police are supposed to enforce the speed limit, not us by traveling the speed limit in the fast lanes.

But that doesn't give him the right to tailgate you any more than anyone else should tailgate you. And if the right lane is full and you can't safely get over at that moment then the car behind should be patient till when the car in front can safely move over. Sounds like you didn't even have time to look for a hole to slide into to get out of his way.

He got you on a technicality, speeding and refusing to yield...but he was as guilty, if not more so, of speeding and tailgating with a case of road rage to boot. Welcome to justice...traffic cop style.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    Usually if they are in a hurry, they will flip their high beams so you can move over. We drive for a while, then he starts to tailgate me and I look to move over but am blocked by the right handed traffic. So he turns on his lights and I yeild over at the next possible moment. Couldn't have taken more than 3-5 seconds. He follows me over.

He was just pissed you didn't get out of his way fast enough! So he decided to pull you over and give you a piece of his mind! If you just let it go you would of had a warning, but you decided to make a comment that he didn't like! Next time take the warning and move on, now you have a ticket and court date!

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Undercover: I agree he did nab me on speeding, but I was going the speed of traffic. The cars in front of me were going 120 as well and there wasn't a discernible gap. When I notice more than 3 car lengths ahead of me, I will usually yield to faster traffic behind me.

I think that's the underlying insult, I'm not a slow driver, in fact I readily admit that I'm fairly aggressive, but I don't think that would have gone over well with the officer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit