I am so mad right now, I am in a rage.

by Paralipomenon 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I have tried to teach him that bursting into tears makes people feel sorry for you and let you off the hook, but he mutters something about his manhood,

I wish I tried that a few months ago when I got my first speeding ticket in 20 years. It cost me nearly $200. I'm still trying to figure what the $25 "surcharge" was for. Maybe it's for the quarterly policemans boozefest.

W

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

If his badge number is on the ticket, (it must be to validate the ticket) call the nearest OPP detachment, (probably Downsview) and report the incident to the duty officer. If the duty officer isn't helpfull, go to court on the scheduled date, and explain in clear detail what transpired, including the fact that the officer waited for what seemed to be an unreasonably long time on the shoulder, before proceeding. In both cases, give FACT, and not opinion.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Finally Free:
    I just wish they'd do something about all the transport trucks taking up the other lanes. I think all transports should be limited to the collector lanes during peak hours and then make the far left lane of the express for passing.

And to the person that said I was lippy and throttling the traffic, that was cute. Completely wrong, but cute nonetheless.

• minimus
    minimus

OK, here's my take. The PO-LEECE have all the power. If you had kept quiet, you wouldn't have gotten the ticket. If I have a choice to shut up and take crap from a cop KNOWING I'm not getting a ticket, I'll be a mute.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Para, Since are are reading Einstien right now you could have engaged him in a discussion of relativity. You were going too slow relative to him but too fast relative to the posted limit. You could have asked him if he understood particle field theory because if he did he would know that if you had moved to the right when he came up behind you it could caused a molecular collision and possibly a chain reaction which could have destroyed most of Toronto.

PS.I'm only up to page 115 at present but see how smart I'm getting already?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I just wish they'd do something about all the transport trucks taking up the other lanes. I think all transports should be limited to the collector lanes during peak hours and then make the far left lane of the express for passing.

You make an excellent point there. During peak hours the transports take up every lane except the far left lane, and that's only because they're not allowed to use it. There are so many of them it's virtually impossible to see where you're going sometimes. You can't see the exit signs until it's too late to do anything with the information.

W

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

"Para, Since are are reading Einstien right now you could have engaged him in a discussion of relativity. You were going too slow relative to him but too fast relative to the posted limit. You could have asked him if he understood particle field theory because if he did he would know that if you had moved to the right when he came up behind you it could caused a molecular collision and possibly a chain reaction which could have destroyed most of Toronto." ROFLMAO This is just wonderful. I had to read it a couple of times myself.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon
    "Para, Since are are reading Einstien right now you could have engaged him in a discussion of relativity. You were going too slow relative to him but too fast relative to the posted limit. You could have asked him if he understood particle field theory because if he did he would know that if you had moved to the right when he came up behind you it could caused a molecular collision and possibly a chain reaction which could have destroyed most of Toronto." ROFLMAO This is just wonderful. I had to read it a couple of times myself.

My wife uses Firefox.

You need to unselect "Check here to use HTML formatting" and select "Automatic Cr/Lf" before you post.

Otherwise everything is one big paragraph.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Sorry about the bad start to your day.

BIG PICTURE REMINDER:

Speeding Ticket: Perhaps many hundreds of dollars when you factor in possible bump to insurance rates.

Wife on JWD: Absolutely PRICELESS.

So VERY, VERY nice to see you here Bobbi. I'm happy for you both.

Open Mind

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

You need to unselect "Check here to use HTML formatting" and select "Automatic Cr/Lf" before you post.

Otherwise everything is one big paragraph.

PFFHHTTTTTT Now you tell me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit