I am so mad right now, I am in a rage.

by Paralipomenon 52 Replies latest jw friends

• lilybird
    lilybird

Driving the 401 at any time of the day is a busy ride and a challenge. Im happy you are challenging this officer who was obviously suffering from personal problems of his own. At a time when the 401 is plagued with truck rolloveers and other serious crashes several times a week now, the officer should have had better things to do with his time- like the idiots who weave in and out of traffic and race down the highway. The 401 is turning into a serious deathtrap and I hate driving on it.

I heard on the news that trucks will be enforced to new slower speed limit, lower than other passenger vehicles, which will be nice. I hope they enforce it. It terrifies me when they come barreling down behind you and force you to move out of their way.

And true also, the police are the some of worst offenders of speeding. Many times I am driving in a school zone where the speed limit is 50 and a cop car will blast past me going 70 or better. He is going no where in particular as he stops at the next stop light. He just speeds because he can and we can't!!!

• Scully
    Scully

Para

There is a service in Ontario called POINTTS (sp?) which is run by former members of the police service that will help you fight your ticket. You may not need their help, but they can certainly give you some tips for making sure your side of the story is properly documented.

When you challenge a ticket, the officer who wrote the ticket is going to be given a summons to appear in court. If the officer doesn't show up, it usually goes in your favour.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall while you explain the circumstances of this ticket to a judge.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

If it goes to court, I think I will plead guilty with an explanation.

It will depend on the judge but I think a fair judge will see the bias in the officer's actions.

A point of interest though, I pass by the old Canadian bethel every day. It is now a POINTTS office. :D

• TheListener
    TheListener

Is it just me or is hearing (or reading) Para and his wife talk to each other via posts just the best thing ever!!!

I am green with envy right now. I can't even begin to know what it would feel like for my wife to read and post on JWD - regardless of where her beliefs lie.

I have a lot of respect for both of you.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    Officer: "Here is a ticket for speeding, and look here in the book: 'Slow traffic should yield to faster traffic'"

Slow traffic = YOU....

Yet he said that you were speeding....

He needs to make his mind up !

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

By the way. If you are a CAA member, you can get a half hour free legal consultation.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Well I contacted the officer's supervisor and had a lengthy chat.

I explained everything that I posted here and he informed me that the officer that pulled me over was a highway ranger and has a low threshold for what they will pull someone over for an infraction.

He admitted that 115 was a bit low even looking at that officer's threshold and after talking for about 20 mins he said he would talk to the officer.

About 10 minutes later he calls back.

Oh this gets good.

The officer observed me speeding and started to "pace" my car to determine how fast I was going. After pacing me at 125 he turned on his lights and pulled me over.

He said that after informing me that I was being pulled over for speeding that he asked me "why was I in the left hand lane" then continued to discuss the speeding issue.

After handing me the ticket I asked him about the signage for the left hand lanes, he went back to the cruiser and showed me in the book where it was at, then I said I didn't want to talk and took off.

wow.

Go back and read my account of events. I did not embellish a single detail of what happened.

His supervisor seemed a bit frustrated. He had asked what I wanted out of the complaint before and I told him that I wanted to understand why I was being pulled over for a nonexistant lane violation. I asked him if the officer thought I was confrontational at all and the sergeant replied no, that it had been a standard pull over.

When he came back he asked what I wanted to do. I told him that I was more than sure now that I wanted to proceed with a formal complaint. He said that it is unlikely anything will come of it, but agreed that once it's on his record, the next person will have alot more clout.

I thought later that it will protect my ass as well if this liar wants to target me.

I am now regretting pushing for the ticket. My tragic flaw is that I forget that people lie.

Oh well, I'm still convinced I can get it thrown out when it comes to court because there's no official record of my speed. He will have a mark on his record and won't be able to use his bully tactics anymore without fear of discipline.

• BFD
    BFD

para, good deal to have the record of complaint against officer tooslowtoofast. When I went back to read the whole thread I saw bobbi for the first time! WELCOME BOBBI!

I am just smiling from ear to ear for you guys!

BFD

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

So some highly empowered hotshot wearing "kick me" pj's says, "I'm not going to give you a ticket but I basically just want you to listen while I nagginly lecture you" and you choose to keep at him, slowing him down even further?? LOL that's kinda funny. No wonder he got his panties in a twist.

If he was in such a hurry, and you weren't picking up his tailgating 'hint', why didn't he just flash his lights for a sec, then when you moved into the next lane, he could have passed you by, much to your relief. guess he wasn't thinking. must have been an off day. lol

I guess he was taking it personally that you didn't move while he was riding your ass.

I wonder if it is even legally considered 'the passing lane' where you were situated. If his initial argument really had a legal leg to stand on, why didn't he issue you a dangerous driving or failing to yield to faster traffic ticket? On the highways where I live, the left lane is the passing lane. But that rule does not apply to the same highway within city limits. It might be interesting to find out what your local highway traffic legislation actually says about the portion of road you were travelling on.

lmao at nvr's bran muffin visual...oh to have been able to say to that guy.... "bran muffin, man?"

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Good for you, I'm glad yer defending yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit