Marrying a "worldly" man...

by veronica_mars 23 Replies latest social relationships

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Wac is hot and in Cali!

this is even more confusing now that you have 'come out' as a male lol

• Open mind
    Open mind

Didja happen to see this yesterday by a guy called "Davin"?

Thread Title: I am looking for woman for dating and marriage!

Hello!

I am looking for a confident woman from North America or Europe.

I am 31 y.o. attractive resposible man. I am able to financailly support myself and my future spouse and family.

please write me on the following address [email protected]

Davin

Uhhh. Take your time. Enjoy your freedom. Don't rush anything.

Open Mind

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    this is even more confusing now that you have 'come out' as a male lol

Your confused how do you think I feel!

• Dagney
    Dagney

I went through this also. Kind of scared about the clashes over my residual JW baggage.

But I'm better now. I think I do it.

I hear where you are coming from.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Too funny I am the opposit of you, I knew i could never date or marry a witless, so I married a "worldly" guy.

Have you thought about what it is that makes you feel uneasy about dating worldly people? (aside from the jw's view)

• Maryjane
    Maryjane

I used to feel that way when I first left the organization. At the time felt as if I could only relate to a man who had been through the watchtower fire. Now that the intitial emotional shock/pain/issues have subsided I've pretty much come back to "myself" (7 years later mind you) and have met many wonderful men who share my REAL interests. I don't need for them to share my JW experience to be compatible partners as there are so many other facets to my personality. I refuse to let the JW's continue to define who I am. It was an experience, I learned from it and moved on. It still is a subject of interest to me but only a very small part. Occasionally it will come up as a topic of conversation on a date and sometimes the men I date do have experience in the JW realm (from having been in the organization themselves or having family/friends who are/were). But mostly I am enjoying all the other aspects/interests of my post-watchtower life.

• AshleyBryant82
    AshleyBryant82

Although only beening 24 and in a relationship with a worldly male for 4 years I have now realized everything I gave up. I feel like I will never be happy, but that it takes time. I would not suggest that you look outside of Jehovahs organization. These four years have been the worst of my life and I keep staying in the relationship.

I hate being alone, but I know one day once I get my act together I to will find the right person for me. I live in California to, where do you live at, I'm in Downey, Los Angeles County?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ashley

• Highlander
    Highlander
    I hate being alone, but I know one day once I get my act together I to will find the right person for me.

Until you enjoy being alone and developing a true love for yourself, then you will never be happy. It is my belief that everyone should live on their own, by themselves, so that they are given ample time and opportunity to get to know themselves and love themselves.

I was always a happy person until I married. My wife is very negative and depressing(she hid her depression from me during our courtship) In that type of situation, I do not make her happy, but instead she makes me sad.

The same will happen to you. You will find someone who you think will make you happy, but because you do not love yourself and enjoy yourself, you will make the other person miserable.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I would not suggest that you look outside of Jehovahs organization. These four years have been the worst of my life and I keep staying in the relationship.

I've been married to a "worldly" man for over 14 years now, in December we will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. I love my man very much and don't regret marrying him. I'm sorry that you choose to stay in a bad relationship but you could be in a relationship that is just as bad with a jw man. I don't think that being with a jw man is a guarantee of happiness and I think your advice is a bit askew.

Josie

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

IMHO . . . My suggestion is --- don't rule out the possibility of dating a "worldly" man. In fact, may I suggest that you date some men on each side of the jw fence and feel how you fit with each type --- the "worldly" and the "jw".

I dated some men in dub-land. They were full of fear. I couldn't live in constant full-blown fear as they did.

As one who left fled the jws, I required a whole lot of therapy to feel "normal" --- whatever normal is anyway. The JWs set me up to fail (being born and raised into it). I was completely brainwashed, fully indoctrinated. Years of therapy later, I am regaining my equilibrium --- my balance.

Today I am involved with a so-called "worldly" man (by jw standards) , and we have a pretty nice life together.

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit