Marrying a "worldly" man...

by veronica_mars 23 Replies latest social relationships

• veronica_mars
    veronica_mars

It's funny, cause I never thought I would do this.

Not that I am engaged, or even dating anyone for that matter... but I *could*.

It's such a foreign concept to me... dating someone who isn't a witness. Who doesn't understand all this.

I don't know why, but it does kinda scare me. I think that there are certain JW teachings that I will carry with me for a long time... and what if he doesn't get it?!

I am single now, and hating every second of it. As badly as my marriage was, I miss being married. It was nice to come home to someone.

It's weird looking at guys now, and thinking about dating. I never had to introduce a guy to my parents, since they always knew them! (from the hall)

Sorry for the long rant... I am just trying to "re familarize" myself to this place... I think the support will help! :)

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

You don't have to date a worldly man there are plenty of hotties on here!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i am datig material :)

• free2think
    free2think

I know what you mean VM.

It's really weird getting your head round it all now, there's no restrictions.

• Gordy
    Gordy

I'm a 56 yr old guy ex JW DA'd. Have been separated from wife for 10 years, may get round to actual divorce sometime.

Yet in that time the idea of "dating" a "worldly" (hate that word) woman has hardly crossed my mind.

I sometimes do think its something locked in my mind after 30 years as a JW. That I am still married, therefore not free to date. Or is it that I messed up first time and don't want to take the chance again.

Does that seem strange?

I have two sons at home 19, 27, though the 27 yr is moving out now. I have another son 31, who lives close by with his wife. But though I love them all, their lives are different to mine. They have their own friends and interests etc.

Its not that I don't want a female friend, partner, future wife. I don't just mean for the sexual side of things either. But for (without sounding trite) the companionship, to have someone to talk to. to go out with. to enjoy things with.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I went past that phase long ago. The people outside the JWs are not at all a homogenius lot some will make decent marriage partners and some will not so one chooses accordingly. Someone with a religious attitude can find a similar minded person. Life is short and it's pointless wasting time by getting obsessed with tedious religious details just get on with someone decent.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I was married several years before I even told my husband about my JW background. He just thought my parents were werid.

lisa

• unique1
    unique1

OMG Lisavegas. He must have thought they were completely off their rocker!!!!!!!! That is too funny. What did he say when you told him, oh they are just in a cult.

As for the OG post. Just keep an open mind. Consider it a new freedom. You can now walk down the street, see a cute guy and actually say hello or ask for his number. I am actually kindo jealous. However, I have found my lifemate.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Dating (not courting) a worldly man is called freedom.

I married one too.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    i am datig material :)

Wac is hot and in Cali!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit