Theodore Jaracz was the keynote speaker at my convention...

by under_believer 45 Replies latest jw friends

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

The D.E.A.D COMMENT......(what was this ?)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Thanks for the info exposing the cult.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    500 pound baptism candidate.

Nulight, at least they keep their body pure and clean by avoiding tobacco.

• flipper
    flipper

Underbeliever- Mr. Flipper here. The governing body is so arrogant in their dissing of higher education. My self righteous older sister (ex gilead graduate hasn't talked for 4 years to her own 31 year old daughter, my niece because she went to law school at Berekely , Ca. She graduated with honors, but do ya think my sister would acknowledge it? Naw! She's pissed off that her daughter stopped going to meetings and left the org! My own youngest daughter went to the trouble to get her registered dental assistant certificate, then decided she didn't like working among"worldy" people,(actually she has social skill problems,thanks to jw mom), got married to a brother at 18 who is an electrician. Should be set for life, right? When I asked her why she didn't want to pursue her dental trade, she said," Oh! well Jehovah is providing for me, I'm ok. My husband is working that should be good enough." What can you do as a parent but throw your hands up in the air! Peace out, Mr. Flipper of the "set a fire under your kid's ass class!"

• erandir
    erandir

Under_believer, I like your style. Thanks for the review of your convention.

I especially enjoyed the following:

bloviating blowhard blandly belched banal, boring bullshit

Use of alliteration: 2 points

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Use of an encoded message: 2 points

• lrkr
    lrkr

Ah yes, the neverending prayer directed at everyone but God. We used to fall asleep during the rambling prayers in the big house. Then they made a rule that they had to be 3 minutes or less (3 minutes is a long time!!)

• Nathan Natas
  • Dragonlady76
  • minimus
    minimus

Regarding prayer and fictious stories of Bible characters, the Organization has counseled many times to NOT pray overly long prayers at the meetings! Are there different rules for GB members? Evidently.

Doesn't the Bible say something about telling false stories? They have a fit over apochrophal writings, but they can twist the scriptures anytime they want! Imagine if a person gave warning examples in their talks about made up, make believe people and their actions.....What would that prove? What point would it make???

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Scary Teddy... looks like a zombie...just die already OK? You want your heavenly reward, don't you???...so dyings NOT a bad thing for you... ...oh, your not so sure about it? want to keep living here and tormenting us R&F dubs with your backward thinking....oh....I seeeeee.....

NN..

OM(G?)! that tshirt is too damn funny! Is that a photo shop on that T shirt or is that real? I bet you could sell a bunch of those to us apostates!

choosing life..

If they would turn that story around and have a jw kid refuse to pioneer and insist on going to college and then move out to spite the parents, what do you think would happen? If baptized, they would easily be considered bad association or enjoy the inside of a JC.

EXACTLY...maybe you were still around the congo when I was going to college?... as an ELDER no less. Do you remember their reaction to that? The local BOE was pissed that because I had a college course that was only held once a year for 16 weeks was only available on Tuesday night...and it was a degree requirement for graduation. I had to go to the morning book study and not take care of the evening book study at the KH for that time (I had my MS assistant conduct). I suggested the elder (you know him) who conducted the morning old timer group switch with me for the semester..you know what they said??? "OH, Brother Greedy has his MLM meeting on that night, he cant make it.....".... well, that's not exactly how they said it, but it was the reason he could would not switch...yet, he always was able to switch to make the CO visit or some quick build thing.......hmmmm

They tried to remove me for that, but the CO told them they could not and that since it was short term, they had to be reasonable......they got me a year or so later.....ta hell wit em...

SnakesInTheTower (of the "getting better educated but not by the Borg" Sheep Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit