Theodore Jaracz was the keynote speaker at my convention...

by under_believer 45 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

I don't think it's scripted. It's just a good old Witness trope, the 10-minute prayer. Governing Body members have always been very likely to do these, because they are so spiritual and anointed, and very spiritual people can give long prayers because they are so close to Jehovah. /vomitvomit

Ozzie, that would actually be a huge improvement if the prayer was actually topical and a topic was mentioned before the start. The Witnesses think they're superior to "Christendom" in some many ways, but in reality they've thrown out traditions and practices that have developed organically over hundreds or thousands of years, things that got that way for a reason.

• sf
    sf

The district convention starting line-up: Teenager who happily turns down college. Wife and kids who don't understand until daddy beats their ass. Old huff with 10 diseases who never missses meeting or field service. 10 minute prayer. Kid or women in high heels who falls over balcony and or down 20 flights of steps. Strange worldly man being chased by the attendants. 500 pound baptism candidate. Chain of boring speakers. And the drama where the brothers can't wait their turn to perform in drag.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sKally

• bobld
    bobld

You are right the GB are anti-school.This year they had Demos on higher education.They said it was of little value and those who had a degree didn't necessaryly get a better high paying job.In facts those who went to University went on drinking binges had wild sex orgies etc.Also it cost a lot of money.

So lets look at the real truth of the GB.In the Km of 2001 they said.An increasing amount of todays work calls for those who have a background in Electronic or experience with computer programming.Those who are older than 35 and who have specilized skills and training WE can use(abuse) you at Bethel.These include: Dentists,Doctors,Certified Public Accountants,Archtects,Registered Nurses,Engineers,Attorneys.Than they have the balls(maybe not) to say.However,we do not encourage specialized education.Those who have already received specilizied training before coming into the truth, send a detailed resume and attach it to the Bethel application.So those crazy drunken wild orgie students who received their degrees we want you at Bethel to work and slave for us.When we are done with you we will kick you out of Bethel so fast you won't know what hit you.You see in 2001 there were 5730 in Bethel HQ in New York.Today there are about 1900 yet they say there is a great increase in publishers.So GB it's all about money,loot ,riches,wealth yet you don't want the R&F to have any.

As a side note:Why In Sam hell didn't you have a drama about Jesus..The Christ.No you go back to your OT account.The DC theme was about Jesus was it not.

Bob

• blondie
    blondie

On a side note about the drama about Gehazi was it? Why not a drama about Ananias and Sapphira; sure it is short but they could have written more dialogue and added to the bible as they always do anyway.

Older jws remember when Fred Franz used to drone on at the end of a convention for 45 minutes and that wasn't even the prayer yet.

Few GB members were good speakers in my recollection. It was hard to sleep during Swingle's booming voice though. FF was known for veering off the official material though.

Blondie

• yesidid
    yesidid

Interesting point Blondie:

FF was known for veering off the official material though.

I was at a convention where Freddie read the same page twice in a scripted talk. He didn't even notice.

yesidid

• watson
    watson

And the drama where the brothers can't wait their turn to perform in drag.

LOL..so that's why all the "brothers" wanted a part in the drama!!

Unfortunately, I split up the convention and missed TJ's 10 minute prayer. Bummer.

I have this fantasy about seeing a GB member after one of the lengthy "prayer/reviews" and insisting that since he was praying on my behalf, would he please not give Jehovah a review of the day's spritual food.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit