Santa Clause, Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy...

by changeling 22 Replies latest jw friends

• tremoka
    tremoka

Hey Kitten whiskers!

Last xmas was my husbands first and my childrens first. It was the BEST ever. Since we have JW's living in our house and we are Underground exjws, we did it at my moms. I felt like a little kid again! I'm bawling as I write this (I'm a friggin big suck LMAO) I have 4 other siblings and we all slept over!!! We had a blast!!!!!

My son didn't sleep alllll night, he kept asking how many presents there would be if they went from the living room to the garage! hahaha We were all excited and enjoying each others company (watching Borat :0 ) none of us slept.

Well my hubbys face that morning. I felt so blasted bad for him that his whole 34 years he'd been denied this tradition. He was moved to tears. It was very emotional for all of us. My first xmas with my family in 16years of me being a JW. My husbands and childrens first xmas.

So ya like you I am grateful my family has my experiences to fall back on because I don't think we'd have a clue where to start or how to do it or really what it's all about. My hubby had no idea what it was really about until he participated. Mind you he's a penny pincher but he had fun receiving! hahahah Memories, love for one another, TRADITION, celebration of life-that's what it's about!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

We used to lived on the third floor of an apartment complex and my kids would wonder how Santa was going to get in with their presents. Our apartment was just around the corner from the roof access so I told them that Sante would park this sleigh on the roof and come down the access stairs but only after they went to bed and were asleep. I would always have proof that he had come (no the presents weren't enough) by showing the children the plate of cookies with a big bite in one of them and a half eaten carrot.

My dad once asked me why I told my children that Santa was real (I never told my children that Santa was real, I just played along with the fantasy), I told him I did it cuz it's fun and I'm making up for all the fun I didn't have as a child. Sometimes it's a good thing and just plain fun to live through your children.

• Heather
    Heather

Last xmas season, do any of you remember the commercial where the dad is making his son do lots of chores like mowing the lawn and washing the boat and the kid says "but dad" and his dad says "what does santa not like" and the kid replies "a whinner"... "thats right, now get back to work".... Anyway my husband and I thought that commercial was hellarious and to this day if my 3 going on 4 year old whines ...we ask "what does Santa not like" and he hangs his head and says quietly "a whinner"...LOL ...My husband loved having the fantasy played out when he was a kid so I go along. but my nine year old who was 5 before I got re-married ..I tell him that Santa is a fun make believe charactor and if he chooses to play along then he cam make believe hes real too....so he does.....its all in good fun

Lisa.... my husband also put a 2 dollar bill under my sons pillow when he lost his first tooth...now its moved up to coin dollors and half dollars!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit