Santa Clause, Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy...

by changeling 22 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

I recall witnesses saying how evil wordly parents were by "lying" to their children about these characters. How witness children were fortunate that their parents always told them the truth.

So, I wonder, have you ever met an adult who was messed up because of having found out that Santa Clause and friends were not real? Are therapist's couches everywhere filled with these poor souls?

On the other hand, have you ever met a screwed up witness kid or a person raised as a witness who needs therapy (changeling raises her hand)?

changeling

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Well, I'm sure this is not what you're going after butttt...

I had a close pioneer friend "in the ol' days" of being a jw.

Her family became witnesses while she was still young. I remember that she answered a question during the Watchtower where she related that she had felt lied to when she found out that Santa Clause was not real.

So, point is: I do think that it happens, but being 30 yrs old and finding out that the religion you have dedicated your life to since childhood has been lying to you is way worse.

• tremoka
    tremoka

Good Call Changling!

I was raised celebrating all these things and the thought NEVER occured to me of being lied to. It was tradition, fun and childhood memories. I never thought of this deception until the JWs pointed it out.

I've NEVER met anyone scarred by these things. However, I'd have to say most of the JWs raised without these traditions carry the trauma.

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome to the forum tremoka!

changeling

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

Santa, Easter bunny, and Tooth fairy aren't real...?

AGH! *runs away to join the circus*

• GODLOVESME
    GODLOVESME

What happens when a JW child viset a none JW frend a Xmas and find this friend has present from Santa Claus. Then he goes home and ask mommy why does Santa Claus not love me and give me presents. Later on in life he find out Santa Clause is really mommy and daddy. Then he thinks to him self Mommy and daddy do not love him.

• GODLOVESME
  • GODLOVESME
    GODLOVESME

The I gess it ok for JW to shove copys of the awarke and watchtower down there children the throte and shove a copy of the new translation up there ass and if they move durning the meeting take then beat the crap out then. Now we know why they grow up hating then and screw up in the head for the rest of lives. I live every day knowing Santa Claus and Mrs Claus LOVES ME.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Personally, I feel a little guilt for having stolen those fantasies from my child. Its like a little bit of innocence that I forcibly took away.

So I took him to see Harry Potter...

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Good subject. I like this topic. I grew up with this fun, and now my child has the fun with it. JW do go overboard when it comes to this stuff. Being around witnesses, and experiencing them lying about various things, even if little "white" lies, really blows credibility with me. Even worse, when they are caught lying to each other.

Scripturally, having fun with these holidays has never taken anyone's salvation away, unless maybe you're anti-God, a devil worshipper, satanist who would like to kill people on halloween or something.

Christmas, Easter, Birthdays, Thanksgiving, and the generally innocent fun of Halloween are just fun themed periods during the year that we have fun with. Some could care less about these holidays, that's there choice.

JW feel they have to always work towards "Jehovah's" favor, and are told they are in less favor if they partake, thus the possibility to lose salvation. They will never understand the concept of God's Grace, as it truly is. We are saved not by works but by faith, and those who try and tie salvation to the "faith without works is dead" scriptures, is mislead. It says nowhere in there that you lose your salvation in those scriptures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit