It`s Time to Bitch about Gas!!

by OUTLAW 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    I don't pay anything for gas, I get my gas from a garden hose. I invented a converter that extracts the Hydrogen from the water and burns it in the cylinders like gasoline.

I've got that beat. My car now runs on dilithium crystals.

• delilah
    delilah
    My car now runs on dilithium crystals.

LMAO....beam me up, Scotty..... I'm threatening to buy me a good horse, a wagon, and a barn full 'o hay, if these prices soon don't go down....

• Mary
    Mary

Good idea Dee.....Hey! Maybe you and I can pioneer next month in your horsey cart! Can you imagine the look on Beavis and Butthead the local elders if we did that? LOL!

• delilah
    delilah

I won't be going out in any door-to-door activity, Mary....but I'll take you for a ride to the local watering hole....THAT'S where ol' Beavis and Butthead hang out after they give their speeches at the kingdumb hell......

• undercover
    undercover
    I'm threatening to buy me a good horse, a wagon, and a barn full 'o hay,

Save a horse...ride a cowboy...

I know that Canada and the UK pay a whole lot more for gas than we do in the US, but it's funny to listen to Americans complain about gas prices that are around $3 a gallon and then go out and buy a big SUV that gets maybe 20 miles to the gallon. Then they drive like a bat out of hell. They race between lights, only to have to stop again. They get on the Interstate and run 80-85 miles per hour. And the whole time they're on the cell phone bitching about gas prices.

Witnessing that driving habits have not changed since gas prices have hit the $3 mark here tells me that gas prices are not that high, definitely not as high as everyone likes to bitch about. Only when gas prices get to the point where people take it seriously enough to change their driving habits, get a better mileage car, car pool, use public transportation, etc, will it be evidence to me to take their complaints seriously.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

You think oil is expensive now... you haven't seen anything yet.

The world is going to hit peak oil production in 3 - 5 years.

What this means is that in 3 - 5 years there will be no more new oil to pump out of the ground. Demand will keep going up, but the supply will plateau and start going down. When that happens you will see the price of oil sky-rocket. $100 a barrel will seem like a bargan.

A great movie on the subject is:

A Crude Awakening: The Oil Crash (2006)

A Crude Awakening: The Oil Crash

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

About $1.01 CN a liter here in the GTA.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Elsewhere- I'm going to download that. Thanks for mentioning it.

My first exposure to Peak Oil was the documentary The End of Suburbia that I watched over two years ago. Here is an interesting comment by author James Kunstler on the fast-developing permanent oil export shock. It's Peak Oil on steroids.

To our friends across the pond, please remember that 1 US gal=3.79 liters. Therefore, $1.98/liter=$7.50/ gal. I made a mistake in my conversion earlier. I paid US$ .70/liter which is US$2.65/gal. In PR we probably get our gas straight from Venezuela.

Dave

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

same price as RF $2.71gal

purps

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Such incredible price differences around the world.....Restrangled wants to harness dog farts!!..LOL!!Dog 2Dog 7..Good idea!..Clever..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit