My 20 year old JW brother is dating a 30 year old sister - should I worry?

by nicolaou 34 Replies latest social relationships

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I just found out yesterday. I remember the girl from my 'past life' when she was still at school - she's nice, but I hear that she's been in a couple of relationships that didn't work out. Thing is, the dub version of a 'courtship' that doesn't work out is when it doesn't end in MARRIAGE!

My brother is funny, attractive and popular and has no problems attracting the sisters, I don't want him to be a jerk but I DO want him to have some fun. I get the impression that this sister wants a husband.

I'm rambling . . not sure how I feel about this.

Nic'

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Way I see it is his biggest problem is that it is a "sister" not that she is older.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I hear Cougars are quite popular now.

Too bad it has to be a JW relationship instead of just a regular one.

lisa

• JapanBoy
    JapanBoy

ask the sister if she does 'everything' ?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Yeah, yeah - very funny guys. Seriously though, is there such a shortage in the organization of attractive, intelligent and articulate young men like my bro' that even a 30 year old would consider him marriage material?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Let your brother have some fun!.....JapanBoy..Nice to have you back..Where you been hiding?..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Let your brother have some fun!.....

Fun is what I want for him! Getting reeled into wedlock with a 'Stepford Dubwife' 10 years his senior doesn't sound like a barrel of laughs to me.

• Mum
    Mum

I have a friend I will call Mimi, never a JW. Her son, never a JW, at age 18, married a JW woman in her 30's. They had two children and got a divorce. He has since married again. He and the still-a-JW ex are civil to each other. I have met him and the two kids on several occasions, as my friend invites me to their family social events. Neither of the kids wants to be a JW. The girl just graduated from college. The son has some mental health problems (possibly genetic / not JW-related). They are attractive and nice and seem very normal.

This is purely anecdotal, but it shows that things can work out okay. They are adults whatever their age and have to make their own choices and their own mistakes; but, from what I glean from your post, this relationship is not necessarily a mistake or a problem (IMHO).

Regards,

SandraC

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Yeah, yeah - very funny guys. Seriously though, is there such a shortage in the organization of attractive, intelligent and articulate young men like my bro' that even a 30 year old would consider him marriage material?

To my knowledge, there has constantly been a shortage of male marriage material (MMM) in the organization.
    Every MMM has been bombarded by attention from women much older and much younger (unless he was
    a real loser). Most MMM choose the much younger ones, because... well, you know.

As noted before, the only real concern is that she is a sister. If you are worried about other stuff, just consider
    that many women reach sexual maturity that matches a younger man's tastes. Many women become better
    at cooking and finances, too. Most women outlive men, so the 10 years is irrelevant.

My main concern is that her biological clock is ticking, and she will use treachery to get her man so she can
    have her baby. If so, he wouldn't see her true personality come out until after the wedding. If she learned from
    the WTS, she already knows that you withhold information to get interest. She might not be who he thinks she
    is. I would try to get that possibility into his thoughts.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Whats wrong with a 30 year old woman?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit