My 20 year old JW brother is dating a 30 year old sister - should I worry?

by nicolaou 34 Replies latest social relationships

• gladtidethings
    gladtidethings

Guy dates gal is always an interesting topic but what if it's a JW or even a group of JWs in a liaison of spiritual prostitutitution: http://www.jwchildcustody.com/beastbook It's a hot e-book just released by Bill Bowen who was an elder when he broke the silents child molestation story that keeps rocking the ranks.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I was 21 and my old lady was 30 when we got married. We are still friends. Not married so much anymore alt

• dawg
    dawg

Not as long as they'res masingail!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Crumpet: Tell him a 32 year old ex Jw is much more fun!

Crumps, I love my brother . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . do you want his number?!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Getting reeled into wedlock with a 'Stepford Dubwife' 10 years his senior doesn't sound like a barrel of laughs to me.

yes but it isn't you is it.

therefore not your concern

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My brother married a sister 8 years older than him. They are a very handsome couple. They have much in common. It's been very good for both of them, even with challenges in their lives, they have been very blessed. He was not twenty when they married though. He was older.

My main concern is that he's all done baking. Is he level headed and sensible yet?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Crumpet: Tell him a 32 year old ex Jw is much more fun!

Crumps, I love my brother . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . do you want his number?!

hehe! I would, however I have decided there is a problem with 20 year olds. They fall in love too fast even when you outlined the situation before you showed them the night of their life. What a loving brother you are though and how unselfish.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

yes but it isn't you is it.

therefore not your concern

tijkmo, are you an only child?!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am 14 years older than Andy.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

While you can be very concerned, one thing my therapist just told me about my two grandsons, they are on their own journeys and to carry them would prevent them from ever learning to walk on their own. Some people tend to dig in harder when they know you object. If you're very careful how you handle a younger sibling, they might actually turn to you for advice. If they think you are critical, they probably won't ask.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit