If The Watchtower Decided To Show Love, Their Numbers Would Rise

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• R.F.
    R.F.

The organization seems, in my opinion, because of it's practices, go in the completely opposite direction of love.

Jesus forgave and didn't hang their mistakes over people's heads. A perfect example of this is with Peter and him denying even knowing Jesus. Jesus forgave him and I didn't see anywhere that Jesus put any "restrictions" on Peter.

I've never seen a scripture where any of the early Church leaders did verbal lashing at fellow Christians for not doing more in the ministry.

I've never seen where Jesus made his disciples feel bad for eating lunch with a "worldly" person.....heck..Jesus did it himself!

I don't recall there being a constant scolding in the NT about missing congregation assemblies. Sure Paul stated that it was important, but JWs take it to an entirely different, even quite sickening level

R.F.

• minimus
    minimus

Willy, no way would they ever fulfill that list. It would've been nice but that would never happen.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Minimus..Your looking for a positive change,in a destructive cult..People are actively trying to get out..Anyone who is out,has nothing good to say about the WBT$.....Your dealing with the Borg(WBT$)..

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Wow Willy, I like your ideas. If only.....they would do something like this.

• minimus
    minimus

OUTLAW, I'm not looking for a positive change in the cult. I'm just saying the WT. would have more numbers if their believers were happier.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Aren't they already "happy"? Don't they show "love" like no other?

If you have any doubts, just go back and read the Watchtower. It will prove they are already a loving, happy organization!!!

• lawrence
    lawrence

Can a leopard change its spots?

• minimus
    minimus

When I read Sir's thread about how the Organization is dwindling and the pioneering stats bear this out, it makes you wonder how stupid the GB really is. They sure do live in their own little world!

• minimus
    minimus

Imagine being told as a Witness that you shouldn't worry so much about what you can't do in the ministry. Imagine never having to report time. How nice it would be to care for the aged, sick and needy instead of having to makesure you "get your time in".

• daystar
    daystar

I've said this over and over again, that if they would just extend the hand of love... quit crushing the souls of the congregation members...

I remember when someone actually played the piano for the opening/closing songs. I remember when there were these big get-togethers out at parks or in backyards. I remember when being a JW was actually enjoyable...

But, even then, it was all conditional upon maintaining the facade of the WBTS' version of "righteousness".

I'll agree on the "if", but it certainly won't happen in our lifetimes and maybe ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit