If The Watchtower Decided To Show Love, Their Numbers Would Rise

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Man
    Black Man

good thread. this goes up.............

• flipper
    flipper

Minimus- As others have said, including you, yourself, the witnesses are so caught up in regulatory rule setting, just like the Pharisees of old. Rule for this, rule for that. Control, control, control. No real love can dominate when everybody is being scrutinized to the 10th degree, so much it makes people paranoid just looking at someone differently and everybody is sitting on edge wondering who the axe is gonna fall on in the next disfellowshipping. It creates a atmosphere of distrust and lack of love. Until the rules change, it would never happen. Saying "if the Watchtower decided to show love, their numbers would rise" is like saying if Bush decided to pull out of Iraq, no one would die. Stands to reason

• Open mind
    Open mind

"Wooken pa nub, in all da wong pwaces, wooken pa nub, ...."

Anybody remember SNL, Eddie Murphy as Buckwheat singing "Looking for Love in All The Wrong Places"?

Open Mind

• gladtidethings
    gladtidethings

Besides showing love they'd have to show truthfulness instead of hypocrisy:

See what you think http://www.jwchildcustody.com/beastbook I already got a copy and love it. He also has http://www.silentlambs.org as you may already know. That a way, Bill Bowen!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

So combining willyloman's excellent ideas with an idea from a different post, why don't you start a new religion exactly along those lines: the Reformed Jehovah's Witnesses?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Agreed minimus - love covers a multitude of sins. More love would be good

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Even Bob Dylan can get it!!! Why can't "God's True Representatives"(tm)?

They are only interested in a watered-down love.

Pope

Love that's pure hopes all things,
    Believes all things, won't pull no strings,
    Won't sneak up into your room, tall, dark and handsome,
    Capture your heart and hold it for ransom.

You don't want a love that's pure
    You wanna drown love
    You want a watered-down love

Love that's pure, it don't make no claims,
    Intercedes for you 'stead of casting you blame,
    Will not deceive you or lead you to transgression,
    Won't write it up and make you sign a false confession.

You wanna drown love

Love that's pure won't lead you astray,
    Won't hold you back, won't mess up your day,
    Won't pervert you, corrupt you with stupid wishes,
    It don't make you envious, it don't make you suspicious.

You wanna drown love

Love that's pure ain't no accident,
    Always on time, is always content,
    An eternal flame, quietly burning,
    Never needs to be proud, restlessly yearning.

You wanna drown love

• Brigid
    Brigid
    The Russellites seemed to have a real brotherhood. When Rutherford took over, it went downhill

Minimus! I have said this very thing. It occurred to me when we were reading that wretched big green book on the history of Jehovah's Witnesses. I read between the lines of the propoganda (and also perhaps because I had actually known some old pre-Rutherford witnesses in my early youth), and noted that there was a real change when Rutherford took over. It was a bloodless coup. Witnesses went from simple bible studiers in homes and truth seekers from the bible - Russell actually wrote a book called Food for THINKING Christians (a book that I would have read) to more of a corporate feel. It was a hostile takeover, anyone who didn't like the new corporate feel, the multi-level marketing push (borrowed no doubt from his door to door salesman days) were demonized and apostacized. Thinking Christians, much less questioning Christians were not welcome.

• minimus
    minimus

A few years ago, the internet had a number of JWs that were for reform. They were oh so hopeful. Instead of relaxing the rules, the vise tightened. Too bad for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit