If The Watchtower Decided To Show Love, Their Numbers Would Rise

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I don't believe they'll ever change, either.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think they are beyond the point of no forgiveness now. They have already p&*$ed off a lot of people by getting them up in the morning from sleeping in. They have lost a lot of people for their stupidity, and they are going to have one miserable time trying to get any of them back. People that are interested have all the internet sites to look through, and a nice search engine that will take them to any or all of them. I think their goose is cooked through now.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Willy Loman:

You raised some very good points. The only one of them I can see them maybe doing to some degree is the one about the book study. They could play around with the meetings a bit. This is the only real point where they can change and still "save face".

I have always said they differ just for the sake of being different. If they were to adopt any of your other points, particularly the one about the blood transfusions and the field service one, this would be admitting defeat because they love to be known for their stand on blood transfusions and field service. Unfortunately for them, there is too much negative publicity about the blood transfusions and many people died so this puts them in a funny position. They drilled this into too many people's heads.

As far as birthdays go: I always felt that Job's children were celebrating their birthdays. As far as the other holidays go, I feel they object not necessarily because these things are pagan or nationalistic but because it brings people into the association with their families and non-JW friends. They are afraid if you spend too much time around your non-JW family you will start to remember how it felt to be unconditionally loved and you may leave the religion.

No, I don't see them making these changes because there is too much at stake for them.

LHG

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Don't you have to know what something is before you can show it?

• minimus
    minimus

You must realize that the Watchtower LIKES being different. Not being able to do this or that makes them unique.

• dawg
    dawg

It woudn't make one sam hell difference to me; the doctrine I hate the most is that I don't have a right to read the Bible on my own, come to my own conclusions and when I see the absolute fools that run this henhouse are wrong-having the ability to say so without being shunned by my family... it's the control that makes me sick.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Double Post..Doctor..Crazy Eyes..

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Minimus..True enough my friend..They would not lose as many if they showed more love..And..You could wear a bathing suit at the North Pole,if the North Pole was warmer..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

OUTLAW, I agree with you.

OUTLAW, I agree with you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Minimus..SmartAss!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit