Were You Ever Afraid That You Might've Made The Wrong Decision In Leaving??

by minimus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Snakes, I never you were so "cheeky".

• lola28
    lola28

Yup, in fact some times I wished I had never found this place and that I still believed in SOMETHING. However as time went on I just out grew it, I think all the fear went away last year when I realized that there is no god, but for a while there I even had nightmares of "the end" and that was as bad as it got.

Lola

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Without a shadow of a doubt!!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

In Star Trek: First Contact, the Borg Queen tempts Data with the possibility of
    becoming human, using Borg technology. Data ultimately rejects her offer and
    saves the day. Captain Picard wonders just how long Data was tempted and
    the android replies, "Zero point six eight seconds, sir. For an android, that is
    nearly an eternity.
    "

Once I knew some important facts from various sources, I considered staying
    with the Borg (JW organization) for about the same amount of time.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

My doubts 'ripened' with time and research. When the banana's turn black and putrid you must throw them out.

Some people decide to force themselves to eat the putrid bananas because that is what they always have done. Not me.

100% correct decision. Even a bad game of golf/fishing/frisbee/tennis/bridge/chess/water-skiing/walking/sex is better than the best day in the KH with hypocrites. Plus I don't have to wear a tie for them sports.

Jeff

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I'm fading. It got to the point where I couldn't even stand sitting there without getting a sick stomach because so many things didn't sit well with me. Couldn't even look at their literature anymore. Of course, it did occur to me that this might be the wrong decision but that was before I found out about all the deception, hidden past and changed teachings and even the modern day scandals. Even if it were "true" I couldn't and wouldn't do it anymore.

Sitting there passively and pretending to believe something you don't believe is one thing, but going out and telling the public about it is another.

LHG

• MsBHaving
    MsBHaving

Not really afraid... I used to question myself alot. Scriptures kept going through my head. But its getting easier but its been a long time - Deprograming, and when you still have family in its harder I think because your always reminded. I would NEVER go back though. I don't miss that horrible routine. Work ,rush home stuff food in our mouths, (thats if we got the chance to eat) go sit for 2 hrs. come home and hit the bed all to start over the next day. Off nights were left for errands and cleaning house. IT sucked. I love my life now, I can actually say... Sometimes I get bored at night with nothing to do.

• minimus
    minimus

MsB, WELCOME!!! You were in Mass. huh? I know many in the Bay State.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit