Were You Ever Afraid That You Might've Made The Wrong Decision In Leaving??

by minimus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Are you 100% sure that leaving the Organization was the right decision?

• pratt1
    pratt1

I am 100

• R.F.
    R.F.

I'm 100% sure now. I was on the fence about it for a while but after looking at the Bible more closely and seeing what Christianity is all about, i saw no reason to stay in...mentally that is.

• John Doe
    John Doe

You come up with the durndest topics minimouse.

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear minimus:

Second guessing myself was always present because
    in the beginning I only had my intuition guiding
    me.

It was only after having researched hardcopy
    evidence about the Watchtower Society is
    when I really became convinced it was the
    right decision based on evidence.

Respectfully,

Richard

• pratt1
    pratt1
    I am 100% sure now, but it took me many years to get to this point.

I was raised as a dub from birth, so my entire belief and value system, was to tied the religion. I second guessed my decision and for years I even defended the dubs even when I stopped being active.

When you are bombarded with propraganda, either at the hall or from your parents throughout your formitive years. its hard for you to separate what's your thoughts and beliefs are and what's the religion.

It wasn't for me going to college and getting to know people who were not dubs, I don't know if I would have ever left the "troof".

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Not at first, time and distance helped, the internet helped more. Now I know for sure (more than a 100%) that I was right to leave.

• undercover
    undercover

100% sure now.

When I first started researching on my own, I knew something was wrong, but even when I saw the evidence, I thought that maybe it was me with the problem.

For a while it was a 3 steps forward, 1 step back kind of journey. Some days I was sure, other days a new question or idea came up and I had to re-think it all over again.

But now there is no doubt. I'm sure I made the right decision.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Absolutely, Positively, 110% sure I did the right thing. Never had any doubts!

I honestly think the Elders in my hall were glad to get rid of me, I was a big fat Pain in the A** (PIA for future reference). They could have, should have df'd me! I actually asked my brother (still in the same cong.) if I was ever df'd and didn't know it, he called me back and said "nope, just inactive" you want me to contact the elders in your area so they can talk to you??? I told him I'd through hot oatmeal on him if he did!!

nj

• prophecor
    prophecor

Behind many of the false teaching that the WTB&TS have reduced alot of Church Dogma and Drama to, Hellfire,life after Death, and there being none, only unconciusness, the hope of a ressurection as opposed to rollin' round in heaven allday, it still kinda' sticks in my craw every once in a while as to whether they had the truth about God's word, or were they just lucky to get a sizeable degree of the story strait.

Others, who I've researched, however, have similar beliefs. These indies, however, are the ones whose voice appeared to be the loudest.

The loudest protestations from the other side of the aisle may've contributed to my paying more than the usual attention to the Witnesses, as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit