So non-flat-earthers - what do you think of those who accept a flat earth?

by AlanF 86 Replies latest jw experiences

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Aren't we all trying to help one another to see reality

But be careful, Nvr.

Reality may not be just what you think you think. If there is a spiritual dimension that is unknowable to our pea-brains, those who think their brains are who they are, may be missing out on a spiritual evolution and miss it. They may be the ones going the way of the "dinosaur."

I see God/Creator and Man/Earth more like Space and Matter. The "primitive" way of looking at God may be passe, but don't throw the baby out with the bath just because you don't "see".

Words of wisdom: The meek shall inherit the earth.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Sorry if you perceived arrogance in my words journey-on.

I think a clear perception of reality is attainable.

I also think that the spirituality in humankind is undeniable.

I wish all of us peace and fulfillment on our respective journeys.

However, reality remains unchanged.

We help one another, I help you, you help me, to see it.

Some desperately want to see reality.

Some desperately cling to something, because the alternative, nothing, is terrifying and overwhelming.

Love and respect,

Nate

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Sorry if you perceived arrogance

Dont be fooled into thinking there is something wrong with arrogance.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Nate

My point is: We don't know and it's dangerous IMO to belittle either side, those who believe in a creator and those who don't. Reality is a very difficult concept to me. There are dimensions we can't (at this time) "see".

Kind of like the corporate world (for lack of a better example right now). Take for instance, the WTB&TS. Something is going on behind the scenes driving the rank and file to blindly accept what the GB spouts, and the publishers robotically go about doing the business of the organization. The r&f see what they want to see, namely, God's FDS dispensing spiritual food in due season and lovingly shepherding the flock. We "know" that's not reality! We "know" something else is moving behind the scenes. That's the reality. But to Joe Blow Publisher, his reality is only what he is experiencing in his daily JW endeavors and he vociferously embraces it and spouts it to anybody that will hear it.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Reality is a very difficult concept to me.

This is because you understand the nature of reality better than most people.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Journey-on, you speak well of being human. Being human is being forever hampered by over simplifications. However, I don't think this is a reason to avoid coming to conclusions. Although any answer we come up with will be an oversimplification, answers are still useful, albeit never 100% accurate.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hey John Doe,

Is that avatar the real you?

Was the old one?

Open Mind

• journey-on
    journey-on

Well said, John Doe. I pretty much agree. It's the seeking of answers that moves the human race forward. But, remember, what we thought we knew for certain in the past scientifically speaking, later turned out to be dead wrong or half wrong, or partially wrong. So we continue even when we think we have the "real" answer. We don't close the door all the way. We leave it open just in case.

(IP-SEC: Thanks, I think. But, maybe you were being sarcastic because no one can "understand" reality better than any other.)

• John Doe
    John Doe

Open mind, yes, both avatars are me.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi Alan,

I take it you mean the earth is flat, but you aren't saying it isn't a sphere?? I can go along with that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit