So non-flat-earthers - what do you think of those who accept a flat earth?

by AlanF 86 Replies latest jw experiences

• AlanF
    AlanF

No firestorms please. But be honest. Do you think that we are of a lower level of intelligence than those who accept round-earthers' theories?

I only say so - because whenever it comes up that someone dares admit to accountablility to the higher power that created our flat earth, he/she is soon trounced upon as if just short of needing rehab at the local mental health centre. Sarcasm, and innuendo begin to flow and ebb, and soon the person just ducks for cover. I don't blame them.

I'm not asking for voluminous explanation as to why we are so stupid in our reasoning - just honestly - should we just go off and commit suicide due to our inablility to see things from your reasonable perspective? Just curious.

I admit - I believe in a flat earth. Maybe just because I prefer it to the alternative. Or perhaps I am just a superstitious genetic hold over from the dark backwards continent of ancient times. I need my rabbit's foot flat, solid earth?

Sorry - no offence intended on either side of this aisle. I just don't see why we feel compelled to attack others, insinuating great lack of mental ability due to acceptance of something you have rejected. Never mind - I don't really want to know. But since I started the thread, I shall post it.

AlanF

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I doubt very much that the other flat earthers are going to understand this.

• John Doe
    John Doe

The post your trying to satirize is not a fair comparison, imo.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I ask myself why, I still think that there is a god or something like it outthere, maybe it's because of my upbringing, maybe it's because as humans we feel a need to believe in something, we as humans understand that something has to come from well, something else.

Perhaps it's beyond our understanding there just might be something without.

• golf2
    golf2

I prefer a round golf ball over a flat one !

Golf

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hope you're attatched to a bungee rope at all times - you never know when you could fall off!

I agree with John Doe's comment btw

• AlanF
    AlanF

John Doe wrote: : The post your trying to satirize is not a fair comparison, imo. Why? AlanF

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

to each his own, said the little old lady as she kissed her cow

• John Doe
    John Doe

Alan, perhaps that's a good thing for you to ponder.

• BFD
    BFD

I would just tell them not to get too close to the edge. I heard there are dragons there just waiting for someone to fall into thier grasp.

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit