Do you have all the friends you want to have?

by JH 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Heather
    Heather

I've had a hard time since DA'ing myself finding friends. My husband moved us up to a very small town a few years back and it took me almost 3 years just to make a few friends. I would love to have lots of friends. Although, I would love even more to have close friends that can really be there for me and me for them. My best friend lives a few hours away and is a single mom now so our relationship is much different. She is always busy and we seem to play phone tag more then talk. :(

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I have a wife, a son, a job, 2 music groups and lot of aquaintences. My wife and son are my friends.

I have always played music and sports. I always participated based on my talent not my friendships. Any band or any team that has ever been any good, I have had to try out for.And its gone both ways some teams and some bands I didnt make and some I have.

From time to time someone wants to be my friend, just last week. But I figure they are always working an angle, last weeks case the guy wanted to learn the music business.

When I can get some solitude, I appreciate it and dont need any one babling in my ear.

So I have all the friends I want or need.

• Numinous
    Numinous

I know that I am making the mistake of putting all my eggs in one basket with one fabulous friend but...I love being alone...I always get my jokes.

• changeling
    changeling

I'm with Renee, I'm missing that special girlfriend to share thoughts with. I'd also like some couple friends to go to dinner with and such. Frankly, it's not only because of the fade that I don't have these, I honestly haven't had them in m life for quite some time now. Maybe I unconsciously started drifting away from JW friends when I was still in because my heart had not been in it for awhile.

changeling

• return visitor
    return visitor

Interestingly the one true friend I have is a friend I've had since I was 9 years old. I was a "worldly" boy and he was raised a witness. I became a witness as a late teen because of our friendship. And now that I'm fading I've talked to him about it. He feels the same way but he has much more family involved and can't brake away as easily as I have.

RV

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Nope. Wish I had friends in the area to do stuff with :-( Thus why I am on here lots

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I have alot of friends in civilization..Thank God I have a home in the wilderness to recooperate...OUTLAW

• PEC
    PEC

No, You can never have too many friends.

Wac, come on down for the BBQ, lots of beer here for you.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/19/138051/2463321/post.ashx#2463321

Do a car pool and save some $$.

Philip

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Most of the friends I have are people that I work with. Most of them I would probably not remain in contact with if I ever left my job. They're just people to go out to the bar with after work. My best friend lives not too far from here, and he's someone I can talk to about anything, even my experiences as a JW. He used to be friendly with them when they would knock at his door, but no longer. But he has a wife and a family of his own, and can't hang out as often as I'd like. I guess I'm a bit of a loner too.

• helncon
    helncon

Where i used to live i had a few friends but we hardly caught up as we all worked different days and times. But always either sms or phone just to check in.

No have really aquaintences but im happy with that being in a small town is hard but now after 12 months i can say hello to a few people down the street.

Im not really a social person and very shy too, but this compensates that i work behind a bar where i am a whole different person so out there and bubbly.

But i do wish i had more friends but this will come in time.

For the time being my hubby and i are happy just being together

Helen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit