Do you have all the friends you want to have?

by JH 40 Replies latest jw friends

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

From all the comments, it seems like the norm to not have all the friends you want...and to enjoy being alone in a way. I wonder if this has to do with what we have all been through? (Having "friends" all around, then losing them all) Or maybe that is how most people feel?? It only takes being screwed over by a supposed good friend to lose the desire to do that again.

I am glad to see others who feel their significant other is their best friend too. I worry that I may be strange that way, but, I feel lucky to have him.....at least I have 1 friend!!

• animal
    animal

I dont think everyone "wants" or "needs" lots of people around them. Some people with little self esteen rely on the number of friends as a way of acceptance. Others will try to fit into a niche by making lots of friends.

I think that all of us are different, we may need this or that, or not. I dont see it as something carried over from the past life... maybe we all just figured ourselves out and like/dislike a constant barrage of people.

I like my solo time.. the wife says I like it too well. Hehe.

Animal

• Backed away
    Backed away

No.. not really. I have always been a person with one or two really close buddies and many acquaintances, at work and when I was a JW.

Between a hectic work schedule, A Grandson I babysit alot,not much free time lately.

John

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

No, I wish I had more than I do. I've never been a very outgoing person.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Interesting question

I have the friends I have. I don't "want" more but I will likely make more and perhaps lose others.

I don't mind being alone and prefer it most times. It's peaceful.

I'm rather content with what I have. Desire is a fickle thing. Everything always changes anyways.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I do want more friends. My social base of JWs has seemed to fade out, guess because of me slow exit out the org.

R.F.

• BFD
    BFD

Wow, I am surprised at the answers here. I too am very much a loner now but, sometimes I do get lonely. I have family close by and that helps.

I remember when AIDS first hit the scene in the early 1980's and most of my friends were living very high risk lifestyles. I expressed my concern about it to them and told them, "I don't want to be 40 years old and have all my friends dead". Well now I'm 47 and all but one are gone now. And he is moving away in September. So, here's to Frankie, Scott, Billy, Charlie and Anthony. You lived your short lives the way you wanted to live. I miss you guys. You were good friends.

I don't make friends so easily anymore. I am way too guarded with my feelings.

BFD

• Sassy
    Sassy

well two of my closest friends ARE also internet friends.. at least that is how we started.. SimpleSally and ApagaLaLuz . But we didn't just stay internet friends, we do things together locally...

Apaga helped me celebrate last Friday my freedom..

and she threw me my first birthday party...

and SimpleSally.. well we've been friends for a long long time.. even when we were still dubs.. we just happened to have met on the net....

I do also have another good friend I met at work.. Wilda.. i consider the three of them my best friends...

then I have a few other friends from work as well.. allthough we dont' do things socially together as often..

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I'm with ya JH. My husband is my bestfriend. Other then that, I really don't have anyone else. I just like being alone. I've always been that way. Every once in a while, I'll make an effort to do things with other people, but eventually I get stressed out and find myself making excuses to just stay home, and chill out. I'm happier that way. Nothing wrong with that!

Liquidsky.. of the proud to be a loner class.

• DJK
    DJK

I had one best friend from Junior high. We were there at graduation. He was my best man and I his on our first marraiges. We toasted the births of our children and shared in fatherhood. He lived with my second wife and I for seven years after his divorce. In 96, I was his pall bearer.

He was my only friend. I have no friends now. I think I want to keep it that way.

DJK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit