Do you have all the friends you want to have?

by JH 40 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I'm not talking about internet friends, but friends close by in your town.

So, do you have as many friends as you would like to have?

When I was young and going to school, I had a few friends, but now I don't have any friends, but on the other hand, I'm a loner and I don't really care. I'm not really searching for friends. I'm used to being alone and I don't feel lonely.

I wouldn't push away anyone who would want to be friends, but I like being alone.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I have enough friends who I call up and talk to from time to time ... and enough that I go shopping with. I have enough to eat dinner with. I have a best friend -- but honestly, I could use one really close girlfriend to tell everything to that lives right here in my home town. My best friend lives 2 hours away and its not convenient. Those are VERY hard to find!

• zack
    zack

A man dies rich if he has one true friend after lifetime. They are rare.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Seriously....I am having a moment where I wish I did have a friend to call. My husband and best friend is on a business trip and I wish there was someone who cared about me to talk to right now. I can't believe I used to have so many so called friends that I do not have now. I am pretty sad about it all...... :(

• JH
    JH

To add to what I said above, it's ture that sometimes I wished there was a friend around, but since there isn't any, I became the way I am.

Who knows, maybe I'm kidding myself and would like to have a friend or two....

On the other hand, I like being alone.

All that I know is that when I meet someone I know someplace, I don't want to be with them too long, so that I can be alone again....lol

Maybe I'm ashamed of my set up, or the way my life unfolded, and I rather be alone to deal with it.....

• free2think
    free2think

I have been thinking the same thing over the last few weeks. And the short answer is no. Since leaving the dubs its obviously even less, although i wouldn't really have counted any as friends more acquaintances.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I have lots of friends/acquaintances but only a few I would consider "close friends". I don't go out on the prowl looking for friends but I'd never turn away someone I met that I clicked with because I felt I had too many friends already.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    All that I know is that when I meet someone I know someplace, I don't want to be with them too long, so that I can be alone again....lol

Maybe I'm ashamed of my set up, or the way my life unfolded, and I rather be alone to deal with it.....

Well yeah that's not uncommon, I like to be with my friends but not all the time either. What's wrong with your life and st up, are you doing alright JH?

• JH
    JH
    What's wrong with your life

I feel different from everyone...

Like when you're matching socks that came out of the dryer and one doesn't match with any other sock...

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    I feel different from everyone...

Like when you're matching socks that came out of the dryer and one doesn't match with any other sock...

(((((JH))))) well if it's any consolation, I have days I feel one sock short of a pair myself

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit