China selling cardboard as a snack!!!

by sammielee24 26 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

China is selling hunks of cardboard off the street, seasoned with msg, as a snack! This might be over in Beijing but Isn't anyone worried about what the heck is still getting into this country or if any of the 'snacks' we've aready eaten have been nothing but some fibre scraped off the sidewalk, slipped into plastic bags and sold as 'tasty treats'??? sammieswife.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

It's a scandal being exposed.

These street vendors are supposed to be selling minced meat inside a hot bun. Instead they are replacing it with minced cardboard.

The popular item/snack you are talkinb about is Cha siu baau

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cha_siu_baau

Doesn't it remind you of the WTS? They are supposed to give "meat in due season". But instead....

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Dont snack on packaged goods. Eat fresh fruits and vegtables. Dont be a sheep.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Dont snack on packaged goods. Eat fresh fruits and vegtables

I dunno....I could take that as telling people they should never eat meat, or only eat sushi, or don't eat commercially made bread - we all like to munch on something packaged now and again, so I'm not thinking it's sheeplike to eat a hamburger or a hotdog bought from a vendor or restaurant; or snarfle down a bag of chips now and again. Let's face it - a few hundred people a year die from e-coli every year - last year it was onions and celery bought to eat raw; many of our fresh fruits and veggies come from other countries where we aren't even told what pesticides are used on them or what sludge they might be grown in....the bigger issue seems to be standards. What are acceptable standards in the USA? Everyone uses toothpaste - many people use cough syrup when they are sick - unfortunately 90 of those people died because China put toxic substance in the stuff. sammieswife.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Sammie: You may (or may not) want to read this:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/070706/health/health_china_unsafe_food

I found this site when I was looking up the toothpaste contamination scare a couple of weeks ago. I have never bought food or toothpaste at a dollar store and never will. I always wondered where it was actually manufactured. A couple of days ago a lady told me that well known manufacturers put lead in lipstick and fibreglass in mascara. This sounds too ludicrous to me, but could it be true? I mean there are health regulations in North America right?

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

I might be surprised if you said "Canada" but China....not so much. I suppose they will be some of the only people speaking from experience when they taste something and comment that it "tastes like cardboard."
    I'm not surprised with anything about China, their government is all about production and economics. They are so incredibly polluted over their, much of their water is completely toxic from the constant dumping of chemicals/sh*t/poo whatever, their standards of safety are like something from the middle ages. Lead is in everything. My mom's friend brought home these little replicas of the Terracotta Warriors, and I was suspicious because of the color, so I tried to write with them, and they wrote. So, yeah, lead. I'm surprised that street vendors arent trying to sell steamed cellophane, or sauteed thistle, the standards are so lax.

China is like a cult with their country as their god. Information control, behaviour control, all of it. Just look at the way they use their people as commodoties, no inherent value to an individual except for what it contributes to the group, the whole.

Sorry, got me going, I was going to start a thread about China.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

OK and who's being fooled into buying and eating these snacks? I'd think it would actually look like you described it and if I saw something like that I have to say I wouldn't be tempted into purchasing it. Yuck.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Please refrain from judging other cultures.

If you don't like it, don't eat it.

Warlock

• VM44
    VM44

Doesn't it remind you of the WTS? They are supposed to give "meat in due season". But instead....

Cardboard in due season?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Hmm, could this be the reason why I saw the poor folk in China collecting cardboard the way people here collect aluminum cans?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit