China selling cardboard as a snack!!!

by sammielee24 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Backed away
    Backed away

Nothing new, people buy here buy something called ricecakes all the time and no one says anything about them tasting like cardboard! drink coasters you can eat..

BA

• justsomedude
    justsomedude
    Nothing new, people buy here buy something called ricecakes all the time and no one says anything about them tasting like cardboard! drink coasters you can eat..

Too true. I always wondered if those were just packing material and glue.

• icyestrm
    icyestrm

Warlock makes a good point. Don't make any bigoted, untruthful comments if you never been to the country or understand their culture. There is a big difference between personal opinion that can be backed up by facts and those that are based on faulty logic. As with the news, I already know about this with the lack of safe food guidelines in China. Every night on the news, there is a new item that the companies in China have developed that have harmful chemicals in them that cause cancer. Just look at what happened with that pet food scandal a few months back with the rat poison found.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

If you don't like it, don't eat it.

I don't believe the stuff was ever packaged and/or sold here - it was sold in Beijing.

This was cardboard that was taken off the street, garbage, then (as they showed it being made) it was softened up and mushed and lots of msg and junk combined in it - someone figured out how to make a 100% profit out of feeding people garbage off the street. And might I add, that if the streets are like any other street around the world, they would be full of filth, fecal matter, muck, possibly blood and who knows what else. The Chinese government and the people themselves are up in arms about it - after all, how many of the people in Beijing thought they were getting a fast food snack and were fed trash? They have a right to be mad.

Now - the Chinese government has halted imports of some US pork and chicken products because they say they've found chemical and antiobiotic residue on it.

And so it will go back and forth ...........

sammieswife.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I enjoy shopping at the dollar stores, (not to say anything of the sometimes great savings). However, I have become very careful what I buy there. So much of those items come from china. The recent toothpaste scare found the offending toothpastes being sold in dollar stores. that sweetener has been used in fever meds, cold meds, and other things needing a sweetener.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Please refrain from judging other cultures..... Warlock

Now that's a ridiculous statement! WTF are you talking about? You think we don't know the difference between raisins and rabbit shit? I'll judge any culture, religion or nitwit lefty poster I damn well please.

• zack
    zack

They recently executed their equivalent of the FDA chairman, didn't they?

Most Chinese, I would imagine, are desperate to make a living anyway they can. In a nation with 1.2 billion residents with a middle class of 200 million, it still leaves 1 billion people living in grinding poverty. The Chinese have huge problems and a government that is incapable of dealing with them.

• PEC
    PEC

Is the cardboard organic?

Philip

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

High fiber is good for fighting your cholesterol. Thats why the chineese have less heart disease.

And they are so much thinner than us westerners. They dont have to go to the gym to work out.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Warlock,

Please refrain from judging other cultures.

Why?

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit