Nvr, that was a truly wonderful post.

Glad you are here with us.

j

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Glad to know you j!

• flipper
    flipper

Nvr- Great post!! my friend! Nice to have you here on this site! Hopefully more lurkers will lurk and learn about what they want out of life and have an outlet to release their "controlled tensions" from the org. Also, Mrs. Flipper and Jimmy Page thanks you also, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• mac n cheese
    mac n cheese

Hello,

I've been lurking for over a year, reading almost every day. I'm a 3rd generation JW, so is my spouse. We have been deeply involved since early childhood,
    although both of us have never really fit in. Our elder/pioneer couple status, plus our great desire to help out people within the group in a dignified
    and respectful way has let us get away with not really fitting in for years. It's SO nice to be here, amongst people who actually think logically, have a great sense
    of humour, and who are SO kind (as evidenced by the original post). We both went to university and endured the lambasting, but never lost privileges over it.

But for the last few years, we have not been attending meetings regularly. No more elder/pioneer couple thing for us and we do not miss it. Our families are not really
    aware of what's really going on, but they don't like it, even though they KNOW the horrible things that happened in our congregation that ended up screwing us over. No
    matter, it finally broke the dam and now we are free to think for ourselves, and it feels GREAT. Thank goodness we have each other. However, my spouse does not know I am on this
    site, reading, posting (rarely), and waiting for the right moment to leave. My spouse will leave only after there are no more options and certain parents will be dead.

You all have helped me so much, someday I hope to tell you how, in detail. I'm going back to lurking, but I'll be reading.

Thank you all, especially Blondie for the WT summaries.

Mac n Cheese

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Great post nvr,

Welcome back I missed you!!

nj

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Welcome mac n cheese, great to have ya here

nj

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

great post.

JWD didn't change me; it just confirmed those doubts that my conscience was telling me about.

• Santisimo
    Santisimo

This forum is like a million echoes of the voice we heard in our heads when went to the KH "NOTHING MAKES SENSE!".

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I love me some mac n cheese!

• sparrow
    sparrow

I can't believe how many ex elders are here.

Add that to the number I personally know have left - That's gotta say something

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit