For Lurkers Only

by nvrgnbk 110 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

As promised, here's your kitten back alive and well....

alt

Thanks brinjen! You're the sweetest kittynapper ever!

• TIMBOB
    TIMBOB

Guess you could call me a lurker. IM still active, well, I still go to some meetings. One thing that sparked something in me, was a few months back a pretty respected elder left. It was VERY quick. literally like conducting the watchtower one week to not comming to meetings anymore the next. That along with me not seeing the love that was supposed to be there and also my brother had been out for a while as well, it got me to start acting on some questions I already had. I have been doing mounds of research. Im starting to do actual personal research on the dates. Thats the only way I would be able to leave, is if I see it for myself. My head has been absolutly spinning with everything iv been reading.

I think one thing keeps going through my mind is, if all this info is so real and out there, then how come there is so many people still in, I mean if its so obvious, the drop out rate should be more rampent then it already is.

Even though I am still needing to do some person study, Its more so, just confirming what iv read and its validity. I beleive Im mostly at the point of needing to make that life changing decision of whether or not to stay in or get out. It kind of gives me a lost feeling with the thinking of, if I dont have the witnesses, what else is there. I beleive though once I confirm things for myself, the decision will be made for me.

• PEC
    PEC

Welcome back, I didn't know you were gone.

Philip

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I think one thing keeps going through my mind is, if all this info is so real and out there, then how come there is so many people still in, I mean if its so obvious, the drop out rate should be more rampent then it already is.

Common thought TIMBOB.

Turn it around now, if it's so obviously the truth, the join-up rate should be higher, right?

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Timbob

It kind of gives me a lost feeling with the thinking of, if I dont have the witnesses, what else is there.

I think for many witnesses its the lost feeling you mention above that scares them and prevents them from allowing themselves to do as you are doing below

I beleive though once I confirm things for myself, the decision will be made for me.

best wishes to you.

• White Dove
    White Dove

That is why the society keeps warning people away from the internet They know the info is out there but are thoroughly convinced it is of the and underestimate their "power of reason" and "thinking ability" to make a decision on their own. They are scared to death.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    They are scared to death.

As well they should be White Dove.

The tone of recent literature and talks at assemblies and conventions betrays just how frustrated they are.

• Open mind
    Open mind
    I think one thing keeps going through my mind is, if all this info is so real and out there, then how come there is so many people still in,

Fear of losing family and social structure. Appearances can be deceiving. I'm a poster child for that. Almost jumped out in my 20s but stayed in. Tried to really "make the truth my own".

Now my family/social web is even more extensive. I've been mentally free for close to a year now, but I'm still technically an elder because I'm working on my wife and kids. If you were to walk up to me today in a K Hall and ask me "Do you ever have doubts about the F&D Slave?" I'd be forced to say "Nope". And you'd be none the wiser. Of course, I'd start discreetly seeing if there was any way I could possibly steer you towards JWD, but for now, in public, it's the Borg Official Party Line.

Open Mind

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Nvrgnbk - Amen my brother! You have summed up my experience as well. By the way, I always love reading your threads and am glad to see you posting. Here's a beer for you (maybe one day we can have one together in person)

Timbob - Welcome to the board. You will find many here that can totally relate to what you're feeling right now. For me, it was as if I had been betrayed by a life long friend. I was still an elder when I found out the truth about the truth and stayed one for almost 2 years (the first year or so under the false impression that I could somehow make a difference and be a force for reform until I woke up and realized could not fight the machine). It is a scary prospect to leave a belief system that you've known your whole life. Your entire social structure is probably tied up with the JWs (as is mine). If you're married and have kids, it gets very complicated as Open Mind brings out. We each have to decide how best to procede but this board has been a great "source of encouragement" to borrow a JW phrase to me.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    For me, it was as if I had been betrayed by a life long friend. I was still an elder when I found out the truth about the truth and stayed one for almost 2 years (the first year or so under the false impression that I could somehow make a difference and be a force for reform until I woke up and realized could not fight the machine). It is a scary prospect to leave a belief system that you've known your whole life. Your entire social structure is probably tied up with the JWs (as is mine). If you're married and have kids, it gets very complicated as Open Mind brings out.

Amen my brother, right back at you Doubting Bro! Every last word of it.

We will get together, I'll send you a pm.

Thanks!

You'll get there TIMBOB! Hang in there bro.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit