Name Things You Hated About Being A Jehovah's Witness

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

KH and assembly cleaning SUCKED!

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

for some reason, pudding cups always tasted better at the convention. maybe because that was my only source of joy. the pudding cup.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

seeing all the brown noses and brown tongues at the CO visit (and oh god -if ever the DO visited - well lets not go there - talk about creature worship)

• Twitch
    Twitch

There would have been no way for me to know what a Minimus was,....

• aarque
    aarque

Field service - the very first time I was about 6 years old. The brother I was with had me give a little sermon at the door. The guy who answered was huge and yelled at me and it was all I could do not to cry. I absolutely hated it and would pray for rain every Saturday... at least no house-to-house.

I hated the idea that we could not asociate with anyone on the outside, and close friendships within the hall were frowned upon, so we (three siblings and I) only had each other when we were growing up. To this day, none of us have any close friends.

I hated being made to feel like a second-rate person just because I'm female.

I hated the clicks that existed and made my family feel like outsiders.

I hated having a talk on the ministry school.

Come to think of it....I can't think of anything I did like about it all...

• moshe
    moshe

I hated wearing the "kick me" sign on my ass and the lousy life I had for 15 years because of following the WT rules and regulations.

alt

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I hated the boredom, mindless life-sucking boredom. I hated field service too, it was boring and pointless. Meetings were boring and pointless. At least cleaning the kingdom hall had a point to it and no one was preaching. Boring boring isn't that an island near Tahiti?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

oh look, 952 posts

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Those Boring Meetings. Same old stuff over and over.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Having to miss out on anything fun about school... clubs, sports, band (although my brother was allowed to do this, it was forbidden when I went through ).

I was also terrified of knocking on a school friends door while out in service. When it did happen I wanted to sink through the porch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit