Name Things You Hated About Being A Jehovah's Witness

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I HATED going out in service on Christmas and New Year's Day. HATED IT!!!!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

having to save my plastic fork for dessert.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Christmas Day Field Service minimus - totally agree. I hated it with passion

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Not being able to say "happy holidays" and having to explain to your boss why you couldn't say that.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    having to save my plastic fork for dessert.

LMFAO!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Being raised in it and not having a choice about whether I wanted to participate or not..Being told what I believed..Always tired in school from late meeting nights..The list go`s on and on...OUTLAW

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

the emotional blackmail when you were "weak"

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Telling everyone that we had the identifying mark of love and knowing it didn't exist in the Hall or anywhere else!

Liars.

W.Once

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Here are a few of a very long list:

(1) Having to go to those $%^$ing meetings whether or not I felt like it.

(2) Having to go out in service on a regular basis, and not having control of when to go in.

(3) Having to answer to the hounders on such matters as a white dress shirt, getting a particular style of haircut, shoes that shined, wearing the suit coat in hot weather, and matters that mattered little.

(4) Having Christmas songs being such a big deal when they play in stores every year. They get stuck in your head, and often it's difficult to purge them even in February. Often, they even pop up in summer.

(5) Not being able to listen to music without having to worry about is it clean enough for them; even if it looked clean enough, are they going to find some specious reasoning to force me to get rid of it.

(6) Missing out on the computer/Internet revolution until recently.

(7) Worrying about being at the Grand Boasting Session, including the scramble and waste of time to call the motels immediately after the list is released only to get a room on the first try in late April or early May.

(8) Feeling like a God machine that doesn't think of its own real needs and wants.

• flipper
    flipper

Minimus- Everything! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit