Name Things You Hated About Being A Jehovah's Witness

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i know this is weird, but, the smell of the bookroom. it had a certain smell. i don't know if anyone knows what i am talking about. i'll go sit in the corner now.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    i know this is weird, but, the smell of the bookroom. it had a certain smell. i don't know if anyone knows what i am talking about. i'll go sit in the corner now.

I know exactly what you're referring to bigd.

And I think that smell has a name. I'm just not sure which of the two- oppression or repression, maybe both?

• restrangled
    restrangled

Having to go door to door in my own neighborhood on Saturday mornings, meeting everyone from school......talk about humiliation.

Having to wear knee length skirts when minis were all the rage.

The Thursday night meetings after a long day at school.....absolute torture.

Not having one morning ever, when you were allowed to sleep in.

My mother's head full of curlers every meeting day. They were wound so tight it made her mean and crabby all day long. It was also a constant reminder, meeting tonight, meeting tonight, meeting tonight!

The constant sick to your stomach feeling on meeting days.

r.

• minimus
    minimus

I hated it when JWs would say XMas is pagan yet have "Family Day" where everyone would give and recieve presents.

I hated having to worry that someone might get "stumbled" because I got a chocolate Easter bunny. (But it was ok after the holiday).

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

man, it's crazy, this is another one of those things i thought i was alone on. when i'd get a "meeting reminder" and would literally feel sick to my stomach. it was great when i got a job though. i would purposely try to work meeting nights. my parents were actually cool about missing meetings for work.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I hated having to worry that someone might get "stumbled" because I got a chocolate Easter bunny. (But it was ok after the holiday).

MMMMMMMMMMMM. After-holiday candy.

Every JW's dream. It's no longer pagan and...........................it's freakin' cheap!

• minimus
    minimus

Regarding the meetings being "torture", I absolutely HATED elder's meetings. They were the WORST!!!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Regarding the meetings being "torture", I absolutely HATED elder's meetings. They were the WORST!!!

Only one way to make them worse...........throw a Circuit Overseer in the mix.

• minimus
    minimus

When the CO was there, it was actually quicker. The elders in my Hall LOVED to hear themselves talk.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i hated elders meetings too. i was never an elder, but, my dad was. we would have to stay at the hall late almost every meeting. even on school nights!! they had alot of meetings because the hall was in turmoil, and the loving body of elders could not get along. my dad was one of the more liberal elders and was stepped down because he got tired of the ultra-conservative elders. they actually pulled people into judicial commites for doing the twist at a party.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit