Name Things You Hated About Being A Jehovah's Witness

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

When did this "Family Day" start? I know it wasn't when I was in. I never received sh_t from my family. Is this a WT blessed day?

• minimus
    minimus

Family Day was something many JWs had so as to not let the kids feel bad about not getting anything. It was Christmas, either a day earlier or later.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Don't feel bad horrible life.

My parents never got the memo on Family Day either.

LOL!

• minimus
    minimus

I never celebrated it either but many in the Hall, including elders surely did.

• restrangled
    restrangled

We never had family day....we called it Dad got his bonus and toys are on sale the day after Christmas!

r.

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

Saturday morning Field Service...(I missed all the cartoons...when they had GOOD ones on!!!)

Oh wait, I hated ANY kind of Field Service!!!

TCK

• White Dove
    White Dove

I felt uncomfortable having to follow rules that didn't make sense and having to force myself to be "good" and follow those rules to the alienation of our friends in the "world." I hated missing out on the fun and instead being bored at home. I didn't feel comfortable forcing myself to swallow and believe ALL that was said at the khell. I found myself dismissing some of what they said because it was just rediculous like you can't go to a class reunion because of bad associations even if you might see a JW there because guess what? They won't BE there! That was the first one I intended on ignoring and not feeling the least bit guilty.

• White Dove
    White Dove

That bookroom smell that you are talking about is decades old DUST on those old books that so many of you mentioned aren't to be touched or read because they contain "old light." It is just the dust on them from never being read by "good" witlesses. I know cuz I smelled it, too.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Bookroom dust: And don't forget the old man smell !

• minimus
    minimus

I hated Shasta.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit