For mother's out there...cleaning a son's bedroom!

by restrangled 53 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

!!!!!

My son is twenty years old, a good kid, is doing great in college so I usually keep the door closed to his bedroom so I don't have to look. Today he took out a huge batch of laundry for me to do and the odor from that bedroom had me reeling.

Here is my humorous but deadly serious post on the matter:!!!!!

After vacuuming, enough dust to fill the entire dust bin in the vacuum.

Enough change on the floor to keep him in fast food for a week.....(don't ask me for money)

Enough clothing to keep him dressed for a month without turning in dirty stuff, which is exactly what happened.

Enough semi wet towels to make me consider why in the hell I just spent money buying replacements.

Sheets so mangled, I wondered why we had purchased beautiful Tommy Hilfinger specials for his bed.

A dust ruffle so dusty, why did I bother to install it.

A set of beautiful 1960's classic Ludwig drums, (a gift from his uncle) smothered in semi/dirty/clean clothing, ....no wonder I haven't heard him play!

Enough dirty glasses to wonder why I purchased a whole new set.

So what's my take on this? I am his mom, he is a wonderful kid, and I love him to death......Of course I am going to kill him when he gets home!!!!!!

r.

• loosie
    loosie

My mother still cleaned my bother's room when he was 42.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    A set of beautiful 1960's classic Ludwig drums, (a gift from his uncle) smothered in semi/dirty/clean clothing, ....no wonder I haven't heard him play!

What!?! Now that just ain't right. Kids, eh?

"You're not going out until you clean up that kit and learn your paradiddles, young man!"

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I got 3 boys...I see the future and it ain't pretty...also throw in my daughter...Omg you don't want to know

• restrangled
    restrangled

Yes Twitch, A classic huge set with all the cymbals which I have heard get better with age. The set takes up his entire bedroom.......There are so many drums cymbal etc., I can't begin to count.

r......Send some input on this will you?!!!!!

• horrible life
    horrible life

restrangled: I only have a daughter, but I think the mess is somewhat the same. But I have to ask, you or anybody else who wants to answer, I had brothers,

WHAT IS THAT SMELL ????

• restrangled
    restrangled

Horrible life,

That smell is wet towls, dust, dirty undies with socks being a huge contributor, and sheets that they really don't care if they are ever changed. Dirty dishes, and any under the bed crapola......I have so many electronic scents going in my house that unless the door is opened, I don't smell the stuff.....like I said, he came out with his dirty laundry and the hallway had visable waves of odors. Even my huge dogs couldn't take it!!!!!

r.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Send some input on this will you?!!!!!

Find him a girl who plays bass,....

As for the joys and perils of parenting a teenager, I can't really say; you should see my messy bedroom

ummm, perhaps I should rephrase that,....

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

This is scary, but our local movie theatre at Fort Lewis has that exact same boy smell. Like unwashed bodies and dirty socks (we only wish it were just socks), and spilt/spoilt food. Makes me wonder what goes on in that place when its closed. . .

• restrangled
    restrangled

JWdaughter, Don't worry, its just teen aged boys....they all emit the same odors and they are the biggest attendees at local movie theaters. Believe me, we have paid for enough tickets, have attended the same theaters and recognize the smells!!!

When some one comes up with a way to destroy that smell.....they'll be rich! (I"m still trying )

Nothing works yet!!!

r

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit