For mother's out there...cleaning a son's bedroom!

by restrangled 53 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

For all the "kick 'em to the curb gang".....I'll never do it. He's a great boy, never been in trouble, not even one speeding ticket. He keeps his truck spotless, works hard and goes to school. I rarely open his door except to toss in some clean clothes. He runs lots of errands for me including those quick runs to the grocery store without complaint.

He's extremely frugal and practical about clothing. He's managed to rip several pairs of those long shorts with lots of pockets. I insisted they be thrown out. Nothing doing, ......he found a needle and thread, and made long "Frankenstein" type stitches.....I just had to laugh. I was perfectly willing to buy him new ones. He thought better of it.

I'm an at home mom so I have the time to clean his room when the mood strikes..... about once every 6 months.

r.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Of course maybe that was because my mom did everything for them ;-/

Do ya' think?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Boys just naturally stink .....some worse than others.

I have raised three boys the oldest and the youngest are neat freaks , never had to be told to shower or clean their room ....yet there is this odor ????

The middle son is a slob always has been .He only cleans his apartment when he thinks we are coming for a visit . When he moved out I bought him a vacuum cleaner .A year later when he moved to a new place I discovered he never even changed the bag and it still was not close to full (never vacuumed in a year).

The youngest is 19 and lived on his own for six months and is now home again. Before he came back I painted his room and cleaned the carpet . Even though he is clean it is still developing an odor that all I can describe as BOY.

• blondie
    blondie

As restrangled enters her son's room once again................

• restrangled
    restrangled

Yes that boy smell permeates mattresses.....of which will go with him when he leaves, and the paint on the walls.

I think its called testosterone!

r.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Restrangled..Your a good mom..Life is no better for a single father..I once found a dirty bag of laundry that had been there for months..YUK!!..I tossed it out..I could never toss my kids out...OUTLAW

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

a set of vintage ludwigs collecting dust? blasphemy.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thanks Outlaw.

The worst thing I ever found was what looked like a semi yellow small plastic deflated balloon....and you know where I'm headed with this.

I freaked out and called my husband in, low and behold we found several more in his closet. I was mortified and furious.

Turns out it was a covering for his thumb which he had to have stitches on a week earlier. He works in restaurants and it was required he kept his thumb covered with these plastic thingies that look like you know what.

r.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

finger condoms? those things are pretty small. retrangled, is your son a midget? lol

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Restrangled...I don`t think I would like my food served by someone with a condom on his thumb..LOL!!I would wonder:"What the hell was going on in the kitchen?..Where was that cucumber,before it was in my salad?!"..LOL!!..My imagination would run wild...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit