I'm 18 and I want my baptism undone.

by LtCmd.Lore 27 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

This is the letter that I wrote to the Watchtower Society requesting my baptism be annulled. I reasoned that my baptism was a void contract as I was a minor and had based my decision on lies contained within the Watchtower, with references to these lies were. The annulment was disallowed on the basis that I had formed other contracts with the Watchtower Society, such as becoming a Pioneer and Bethelite when no longer a minor. The subject matter of the letter was never addressed, nor the actions of the Watchtower Society ever addressed. Therefore I can not say if they will or will not allow your anullment. You need to address it to Bethel rather than the elders, though it may be sent back to the elders in your congregation.

http://jwfacts.com/experiences/grundy.htm

I know of three people that have had their baptisms annulled, however on grounds other than age. Two got rebaptised - they committed offences that they had not known were wrong, so rather than be d/f they were annulled and rebaptised. The third was annulled on the grounds of insanity. After being baptised she continued fornicating, and so the annulment meant she could leave without being d/f.

You do need to be aware that such a request, if not complied with, will result in your being d/f. Even if you are not d/f but annuled you will probably be treated as though disfellowshipped anyway.

• ladyofsmiles
    ladyofsmiles

Dear Lore, I too was a teenager in the truth..but in my case I never got bapitized cause I wasn't sure at the end if it was the "Truth or not". Boy if only I hadn't fell asleep at the meetings. Maybe my miserable life wouldn't have happened. Maybe instead of being disfellowshipped and begging for a ride with my toddler in a dark cold alley along in a bad neighborhood I'd be celebrating my 30 wedding aniversity with my witness husband who loves me and adores me. But before you go running to undo your baptism why not use your time to investigate if its really the "truth". What I did after I left when I was 19 is I prayed to Jehovah..I said. "Jehovah..if you are really real bring someone to my door cause I don't believe my witness fleshly sister." And he did. I met a sister who later was there for 15 mintues. But the strange thing is that later I left going to meeting 3 years later she and her husband studied with me for a year in my home. So choices that we make now really can change our whole tomorrow! If only I hadn't stopped going to meetings. Then I wouldn't have married out of the truth and had 3 kids that later this exhusband lied in court and I never saw them again for 10 years. I saw them last Dec. and they don't know me. I have 3 kids now and they don't know the truth either. Because of the years of crying for them I got mentally, and physical and spiritualy sick. I pray you reconsider. This world isn't perfect. But if you have Jehovah on your side.. who can prevail against you....May Jehovah bless you and keep you safe at the Hall..

• POs Son
    POs Son

Watch out for the trolls.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Ladyofsmiles,

I hate to be the one to inform you of this but, Jehovah doesn't exist and the JW religion is a big fat bunch of lies!

It's all a fairytale, no big a, no paradise on earth it's all Bull Shite!

nj

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

ladyof smiles,

Your "miserable life" was the result of your bad choices, not because of supernatrual or religous power.

We all have the power within ourselves to do the right thing, we are born with a sense of right and wrong, no god or religion is necesssary for this.

Millions of people that have nothing to do with Jehovah lead happy fullfilling lives.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I really have to question the motivation for getting a baptism undone.
    If it is to try to use the legal system to find a loophole, you know how much the witnesses respect the legal system. It will be no different than if you were DF'd.

If it's for yourself, why play by their rules? Who cares if you got baptized at 9? Why allow them to waste anymore of your time and attention if that's what you decide?

• moshe
    moshe

I agree that the end result will be the same as getting DA'd, DF'd. It's all about perception among the brothers. Very few people can just walk out of the KH as a free person without having that label hung on them and then getting shunned by them.

• eclipse
    eclipse

I'm rooting for you Lore! keep us updated!

• dawg
    dawg

YOu were baptised at 9? Who's ass can I kick? I'm serious, who the hell let you get baptised at 9? Just PM me your private address, I'll fly up and kick whomever's ass that answers the door... just damn! I'm just kidding of course, but I honestly can't believe my eyes sometimes. The reason Itook such a solid stand against the org was when I found that my Nephew was baptised at 13; I couldn't stop thiniking about all he's sure to suffer because he's in thins bull. Get out brother, if you need me in anyway let me know.

• 5go
    5go

Yeah I hate to agree but just walk when you can pretty soon it will be them trying to find a way to get you back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit