I'm 18 and I want my baptism undone.

by LtCmd.Lore 27 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

WARNING: HARSH ADVICE TO LADYOFSMILES:

STOP SPREADING YOUR LEGS AND SAYING "I DO!" YOUR TROUBLES SHOULD END THERE.

To others who had to read this: my sincerest apologies.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Look at letter from "Lady of Smiles" and see yourself: broken, sad, regretful....tragic situation: do you want this? Submission and reliance on men is the result of this kind of horrific condition. You are taking the steps to avoid this type of slavery...AND you must begin to construct a foundation for the rest of your life that will give substance and success within the Freedom you are entering into.

Foolish in Freedom is as bad as submitting to bondage.

One of three things take control of our lives:

"circumstances"

other people

or, we take control.

"You have the helm...."

V

• 5go
    5go

I say leave her alone the truth will eventual set her free.

5go trying to play the good cop.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Thanks 5go, I needed that. I just get so angry at these sob brothers and sisters. I was once one of them.

Chenoa

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    I really have to question the motivation for getting a baptism undone.
    If it is to try to use the legal system to find a loophole, you know how much the witnesses respect the legal system. It will be no different than if you were DF'd.

If it's for yourself, why play by their rules? Who cares if you got baptized at 9? Why allow them to waste anymore of your time and attention if that's what you decide?

I know what you meen. But I'm quite certain that my parents would honor this arrangement. They have no desire to shun me, but if instructed too I know they will. So if they have an excuse NOT to shun me, I'm thinking they will probably take it... that's my hope anyway.

Plus I have an older sister a younger brother... maybe ONE OF THEM will be willing to treat me like a 'worldly person' and as I was never baptised.

I'm litterally grasping at straws here, and when my relationship with my family is on the line, it's worth a shot right?

Plus even if none of them honor it, at least I'll know I tried. And they will not be able to say that it's MY fault they have to shun me. (They shouldn't be able to say that anyway, it's their dumb cult, not mine!)

Lore

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Lore:

I don't want to discourage you. I got baptized as a teenager myself, and I would love to undo my baptism. However, the legal definition of a contract is: an agreement between two or more parties creating obligations that are enforceable or otherwise recognizable at law. The law does not recognize baptism vows as a contract. The courts don't step in to enforce religious promises. Baptism is not legally binding, so far as I know. Therefore, an argument that the baptism "contract" is voidable because you entered into it as a minor is unlikely to work. I doubt you'll be able to get relief from the courts. They tend to let religious organizations set up and enforce their own rules as long as they don't violate any secular laws. Anyhow, good luck in your efforts. Keep us posted.

• Pwned
    Pwned

just fade and move away, go to college or something, your family probably won't shun you and if you fade and stay the elder might come looking for a reason to df you. it worked for me, i even joined the military and i'm still not shunned by my parents. of course i keep my views about their religion to myself which is hard but you can't have everything i guess.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Look at letter from "Lady of Smiles" and see yourself: broken, sad, regretful....tragic situation: do you want this? Submission and reliance on men is the result of this kind of horrific condition. You are taking the steps to avoid this type of slavery...AND you must begin to construct a foundation for the rest of your life that will give substance and success within the Freedom you are entering into.

Foolish in Freedom is as bad as submitting to bondage.

One of three things take control of our lives:

"circumstances"

other people

or, we take control.

"You have the helm...."

Awesome. You won't find advice like that in a watchtower!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit