I'm 18 and I want my baptism undone.

by LtCmd.Lore 27 Replies latest jw friends

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

I was recently informed that I have the legal right to have my baptism nullified. But apparently there is a time limit on it. I have to do this before I turn 19. If I succeed, they will announce at a meeting that I was never a Jehovahs Witness, and I will NOT be disfellowshiped or disassociated.

I should also point out that I was baptised at age 9. (I think... honestly I can't remember, it may have been 10 now that I think about. Dunno I'll have to check.)

Can anyone give me more information...

Any help would be appreciated!

My MAIN questions are:

How would a dub view this / Would they choose to shun me anyway?

Who would I need to contact?

How much does it cost (Attorney fees etc.)?

How long does it take? If I start the whole proccess WHILE I'm 18, then will it matter if I turn 19 before it's all done with?

Any little loopholes I should know about?

Anyone here who has experienced this, or knows someone who succeeded, or any lawyers here?

Lore

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I've never heard of anything like this, though even if it's true I suspect they would treat you the same as a person who had DA'd. There rules would take precedent over Caesar's.

• Pwned
    Pwned

wow thats definitely a new policy i must have missed that thread. i should check this site more often. was there an article or BOE letter re this?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LTCmdLore..Kid..Quit Freak`n OUT!!..How old do you have to be to sign a legal contract,in your Province or State..I think your safe!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Arthur
    Arthur
    wow thats definitely a new policy i must have missed that thread. i should check this site more often. was there an article or BOE letter re this?

Actually, this is nothing new. I remember in a thread several months ago, jwfacts had commented that he had a relative who had done this. If I remember correctly, this case had taken place a matter of years ago. However, this was in Australia. Certain laws and policies may differ here in the U.S. You should PM him and ask him about the specifics of his relative; he might be able to answer some questions.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You were 9 or 10..???????????????????..I wouldn`t give it another thought...OUTLAW

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I'm not 18, but I wasn't my baptism undone as well. Let us know if you have any success.

• Gopher
    Gopher

From what i've read before, you are not bound to a contract (like baptism is) that was made while you were a minor

UNLESS -- You let it stand for a period of time while an adult. Then at that point the view is that by letting it stand while an adult, you are confirming your agreement with the contract made while younger.

So Lore is on the right track here -- he has to act rather quickly.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

I just learned about it tonite on gabbly, so I can't direct you to a thread, sorry.

Evidently, because I was a minor, I was unable to make that decision, so if I take care of it while I'm 18, I will considered as a normal worldly person. I'm pretty sure my parents would shun me if instructed too. but if the aren't specifically required to, then I might just make out!

I'll bump this agian tommorrow when the thread is more active.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Good luck....I want to see this work out for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit