Why don't Lurkers Post?

by sweet pea 31 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

When I came to the realisation that my whole religious upbringing was in question and I was led to this site, I immediately wanted to get involved - I could see that there was a lot of caring, spiritual people here that had created an amazing community and I wanted to be a part of that community (to release some pent up feelings and to maybe help others in some way) but having read that many of you guys lurked for months and in some cases years before you finally posted - I'm intrigued as to why?????

Was it selfishness - couldn't bring yourself to commit and be a part of the community, you were just content to observe?

Was it laziness?

Was it fear?

Were you not ready to admit you'd reached a turning point?

There must have been moments where you really wanted to put your tuppence worth in - what stopped you?

Is there a lurker hierarchy - did you look without registering, did you register but never post, did you post maybe once and then disappear?

Over to you guys.

• Xena
    Xena

Maybe they just don't feel like it.

I hate it when people try to pressure me to join in a conversation. Or smile. What's up with that?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

when I came across this forum, I read all the current postings and jumped right in. My style - I have a big mouth and I'm always shooting it off. Others might not feel compelled to participate - their style. Doesn't matter if the lurkers don't post, especially if everyone calls them lurkers, which sounds creepy.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

lazy and have nothing worth saying.

• Xena
    Xena

Lurker is creepy sounding, isn't it. Has a peeping tom quality to it. We need a better name...silent participants?

• moshe
    moshe

It must take a long time for some lurkers to re-start their ability to have an opinion and the skill to state it in understandable English. The JW lifestyle attracts people who like being drones to the WT Society.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Because once bitten, twice shy. At least, that was true in my case.

Snowbird

• FairMind
    FairMind

I post on occasion but quite often don't feel I have anything meaningful to add. Myabe this is why a lot of people lurk but don't post.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Because if they posted they wouldn't be Lurkers anymore.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I lurked for almost 2 years before I joined, although I was posting on another site at the time. There could be many different reasons. Some get help just in knowing there are people out there going through some of the same things they are and are able to read the posts and that is enough for them for the time being. They will join when they are ready to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit