Why don't Lurkers Post?

by sweet pea 31 Replies latest jw friends

• anglise
    anglise

I think the WTBTS has done a very good job of instilling fear about the internet.

They have demonized it to such an extent that it can take people a long time to over come that fear.

If you have really trusted the org and been a good dub then you can feel a great disloyalty by just using the internet let alone actually joining and posting on a forum such as JWD. It can also seem very scary. Maybe satan really is controlling what people post, should I even read it!!! Daren't let anyone know what I have seen and read.

All I can say is credit where credit is due they are a fine example of a high control group.

To all lurkers/readers out there Take your time, read as much as you can, post if and when you are ready.

Anglise

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

My excuse: I hadn't yet registered. Typically I will look through a forum to see what the general expectations are before signing up. And then I want to know all the rules in place so I won't get in trouble for breaking a rule that I didn't know was there.

I usually decide to register at the time I am ready to start posting. Once I register, I will begin posting as soon as my account is active. If I'm not ready at that time, I would rather put off registering until I am ready to start posting. That way, I am not contributing inactive accounts or otherwise signing onto a board and then not posting (which I have seen on other boards where people sign up and then don't post).

I also think there are those who are active members of other boards who look at this forum for ideas, and then expound on them on the other board. Some will not sign up here, since they are already active elsewhere. This is fine, too--every board that this information gets to is one more chance for someone to see it and perhaps even stumble them right out of the cult.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Lurkers post when they are ready..Untill then,it`s nice they are here.....I sometimes get PM`s from people who don`t..Or..Rarely post....Some of us are gabbers,some are readers,some are still trying to figure all of this out..It`s all good...OUTLAW

• leokio
    leokio

I've been coming here mostly as a lurker for maybe 5 years. I probably have no more than 10 or 12 post to my credit. I left the org. over 26 years ago and my experience with the dubs is ancient history although not much has changed in that time.

I like to read mostly the personal experiences of those who post on a regular basis. It serves to constantly validate my decision to leave years ago. The Tower still craps on its members now just like it did when I was a target and I feel better about being an X-jw when I read the testimony of the new arrivals to this board.

As far as commenting or giving advise to folks who come here for answers.....like I said, my personal experience is ancient history. It seems reasonable to let those with more recently acquired information assist the new ones.

I also lurk here to stay abreast of the latest goings-on of the Tower as I still have family inside and I'm always looking for some new knowledge that may affect a change in their membership status.

I usually go for several days without checking in and then spend several hours catching up on all the post. I can't read everything, usually just the "friends" forum.

At any rate, I guess this may be a good time to say thanks to all who post here and to Simon for creating this board.

Leo

• R.F.
    R.F.

When I was a lurker, I was afraid to post. The WTS had instilled so much fear about apostate material that I felt I was crossing way over the line by just looking at this site. I thought that God would send a lightning bolt down on me if I made 1 post. Well I didn't feel that way literally but you get the idea.

To lurkers:

POST WHEN YOU'RE READY, BUT DON'T BE AFRAID. JEHOVAH ISN'T GOING TO SMITE YOU FOR POSTING HERE.

R.F.

• restrangled
    restrangled

There is some lurker out there related to my family and they had better come clean. Stop gossiping about what you read on here and fess up. You can PM me. I WON'T kill you if you come clean within the next 48 hours.

If your intent is to nail some one,.... beware. You yourself will be nailed for being on this site and I WILL find out who you are and turn you in personally.

Like I said, you have 48 hours from Eastern Standard time which is now 9:00 pm. July 5th.

Stop hiding in the shadows and show yourself, you will be accepted unconditionally if thats what you are looking for.

r.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Fear. Not necessarily of God, of the Service Department. I wasn't ready for all that posting might eventually involve. Still not. Don't care anymore, though, so I post.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!..Restrangled,you are a terrorr..LOL!!.....If you have been messing with Restrangled..Stop!!..Or we will hear about you,on one of Restrangled Threads`s..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Pwned
    Pwned

most times i have nothing to add, also there is a cliquiness to this board but i do enjoy reading people's experiences and keeping up with whats going on in JW land

• horrible life
    horrible life

LEOKIO: Is welcome the right word? You have been around a long time. I would like to hear more about you. What made you leave? It wasn't the internet. Was it 1975? You said you tend to stay with the friends threads. I tend to do so also, but I like to stay also with the active topics, at the top of the page. Since you have "lurked" for so long, what changes, if any, have you seen in attitudes, postings, etc.... ? Just curious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit