Just got back from the Public Talk/WT study......very disappointed

by R.F. 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sasha
    Sasha

I WANT MY 40YEARS BACK. I remember a sister telling me that when the Watchtower or the society tells the witnesses it's time for all them to go somewhere "safe" till it's all over, I was asked if I would go. I said to the sister "You would go if a "man" told you to go? She trusted it that much. I myself, would not. Glad to be out of it as well.

• steve2
    steve2
    I like most of the teachings, agree with many of them,

Yes, tt does make it harder to leave when you 'like' their teachings and agree with many of them. Perhaps in time as the reality of the lack of love hits home to you, you'll be less 'taken in' by their uniquely slanted teachings. I remember how tied up in absolute knots I was about the Trinity versus no Trinity doctrine. Now the whole issue of whether God is one-in-three or just one seems so unbelievably juvenile...like a huge, unrewarding distraction from what life's really about: Living, not wading through scriptures to "prove" one doctrine is true and another is false. Meanwhile, life is passing us by!!

It's kind of like a house of cards: One part of the Watchtower starts to collapse and there's no stopping the rest from collapsing.

• dontomas
    dontomas

Living, not wading through scriptures to "prove" one doctrine is true and another is false. Meanwhile, life is passing us by!!

Exactly - we need to regulate our behavior to follow Jehovah and keep in his word but we also need to know when to leave it alone. "I want mercy, not sacrifice..." - Watchtower has done a lot of good but also a lot of bad. I have been listening to the latest DC talks and I cannot believe the shrill tone and eerie unrealism of the content - more on shunning, more on don't question the FDS, more, more, more.

DT

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    I dreaded going, but I think I will go to the sunday meetings every couple of weeks for a while. Between my dad and another factor, I think it will be best to go that route for a while. I figured that if I miss Tuesday and Thursday night the "friends" won't stop by, but on sundays if I miss they will be more likely to make unannounced visits in the afternoon after lunch or field service.

Good strategy. I think one day you'll realise you just absolutely don't want to do it anymore. Keep going until you reach that point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit