Just got back from the Public Talk/WT study......very disappointed

by R.F. 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snarf
    snarf

Don't look at this experience as a waste of your time.... Look at this as another huge eye opening experience and more concrete to your foundation as to why you are leaving the org. I know in my experience, even 4 years later, I sometimes catch myself wondering if they were right on some things, but then I see posts like yours and it reinforces all the lies that were uncovered. Thank you so much for your post, as it really helps those of us that don't return to the hall, by hearing that they are still blind to the real world.

I am just sorry you had to sit through it without saying a word.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Highlander - yes i'm currently a ministerial servant

Purps - i'm so jealous of you! It truly was one of those "sleep in" type of mornings.

The "I want my 2 hours back" part was more humor than anything, but to a certain degree I do want my 2 hours back.

I know I sat through a lie and that it's something that i'm against, that's why I want my time back, but as snarf said, it only continues to show me the org for what it really is.

IP_SEC - I understand where you're coming from and I agree, but my circumstances make that difficult, however my mindset is getting to the point of me not being so nice with the "friends".

• steve2
    steve2

Best way to get your 2 hours back is to not go in the first place. On the other hand, if you choose to go, out of your own free will, how can it be a waste of time?

• theMartian
    theMartian

It's obvious you didn't "Benefit More Fully from the rich Bounteous Provisions from the Faithful & Discreet Slave Class"!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I WANT MY 2 HOURS BACK!!!!!!
    I want my 30+ years back!

Great comeback. LOL.

You want your two hours back, but at least you recognize that need. I hope that means you will progress
    toward your goal of permanent exit on a continual basis. I am sure you will.

Thanks for sharing your day.

• zack
    zack

I feel for you. I decided 4 months ago I wasn't going to another meeting or feild service or assemblies or any other JW related/sponsored thing. I don't even want to go to a barbecue, a picnic, or dinner if more than my close friends are going to be there. I have developed a phobia against bullshit, and since it is found in profuse quanitities around JW's, I just can't stand to be around them.

It is GOOD TO BE FREE!

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Good luck fading. Keep your wits about you, be careful, don't burn any bridges, don't draw attention to your self. These people will fuck you over if you antagonize them. They are like wild animals. When you are face to face with a wild bear, choose your movements very carefully and wisely.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Hey, I feel your pain, sometimes when I go. I made this decision to fade and honestly didn't think I would still be in this situation, actually more entrenched than ever, 4 years later. My attendance has slacked off by a lot. Months go by without going to a meeting sometimes, and I'm not going in FS. When I do go, it's as miserable as I make it. There are ways to have perspective about it. yes, it's a load of crap, but from what I have learned about lots of other churches, some of them are saying the same things. Yes, it's a damaging cult, but people decide to join it, so everyone shares the blame of the damage they allow it to do to them and their families.

If I remember those things, I don't get that feeling like I can't stand it, I can't stand it, every time and I can get through it, get up and go home. Keeps the family happy enough for that day.

Doesn't make me any less of an adult to do that. Nobody really knows my situation and the decision I have made is the one I can live with right now. It's not forever. Nothing is forever.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, I don't worry about the past; but I make sure it stays the past and doesn't poison the present and make the present like my past.

• 38 Years
    38 Years
    I walked straight to the front to grab a seat and it just seemed like all eyes were on me.

Wow, you are brave to sit up in the front. It's the worst place in the hall. You can't even yawn without being noticed! I'm sure all eyes were on you, they are so judgemental . Keep going and pat yourself on the back for another week behind you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit