Just got back from the Public Talk/WT study......very disappointed

by R.F. 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• R.F.
    R.F.

So I finally went back to the sunday meeting after missing it for over a month. I've been to the TMS/Service Meeting a couple of weeks ago by the way, but i've consistently missed the one for sunday.

I dreaded going, but I think I will go to the sunday meetings every couple of weeks for a while. Between my dad and another factor, I think it will be best to go that route for a while. I figured that if I miss Tuesday and Thursday night the "friends" won't stop by, but on sundays if I miss they will be more likely to make unannounced visits in the afternoon after lunch or field service.

But anyhow........

So I walked in the Kingdom Hall door as the brother was finishing the opening prayer. I walked straight to the front to grab a seat and it just seemed like all eyes were on me. I did that so everyone will know I was there and so that will lessen the amount of potential visitors i'd get for missing meetings. Well the public talk was given by one of my favorite speakers, he's another MS. The information was dreadful!! Another talk that spent 40% of the time about why the earth is such a horrible place and the remaining 50% as to what we should do to escape it....(obey the Watchtower with no question)

The thing that made me very disappointed was the fact that he mentioned disasters that happen and how JWs are the only ones there for people when disaster happens. This really made me give him a negative as far as his knowledge goes. Anyone can pick up a newspaper or see in the news about people of various religions, many not ever of a religion, that do good for people. I looked around quickly and saw that many in the congo were in agreement to this statment because of the head nods.

The WT study was even more draining. The first question for he first paragraph asked something along the lines of.."why do you cherish the hope of living forever?" Many in the congo were commenting on the fact that they are putting so many things off to wait and do in the new system, such as learn to play musical instruments, learn about more flowers and grow wonderful gardens, travel to different places and so forth. It saddened me to hear of so many that put off things, many of the things that really aren't that costly either, to wait and do it in the "new system" because of being so busy with the door-to-door work.

After thinking about it I realize it's a good thing that the gap between my mind and the WTS's teachings is widening rapidly. I still can't believe I used to just eat this stuff up!

I WANT MY 2 HOURS BACK!!!!!!

R.F.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I want my 30+ years back!

• Purza
    Purza

Thank you for reminding me why I don't go any longer.

Since I left, I have found more fulfillment in volnteer woork than I ever did in cleaning the f*cking KH or going door to door.

Purza

• Highlander
    Highlander

If I remember correctly, you were a ministerial servant? Are you still in that position? And if so, how long will that last before they delete you?

It sounds like you are taking a proper course in fading. It'll keep the pressure off for a while. But I do believe that even a good fade is a lot like a credit card bill, eventually the

payment is due. In the case of fading, that payment often comes in the form of being marked, df'd or disassociating yourself.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

After I chatted with you, before you left for the meeting.

I went back to bed on this cloudy Sunday and slept in a bit more!!!!!

purps

• choosing life
    choosing life

I'm with Keyser, I want my 30 years back too!

Talks like those, where they talked on and on about all the bad stuff on earth and our need to escape, started making me have anxiety attacks. I don't think I could sit through one of them again for the sake of my mental health.

Why on earth do we need to wait until this new system to have a garden?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I'm glad they held me captive for 30+ years.

It motivated me to get a few out already.

And if things go as planned, I hope to get hundreds out.

The WT is gonna love my book.

Die cult die!

• restrangled
    restrangled
    The thing that made me very disappointed was the fact that he mentioned disasters that happen and how JWs are the only ones there for people when disaster happens

WHAT???? How do they continue to perpetuate this crap and get away with it?

The JW's are notorious for ignoring people in need, claiming god will fix it all in the new order. This just burns me up!

I can remember a talk as a young girl. The people were starving in Malawi. Jw's to be exact. The Sunday speaker made it clear they didn't need real food but spiritual food. They would all be fed physically in the new order. My blood was boiling at a very young age. I brought it up to my parents, and they repeated the same.

The outrage never left me. Sorry to say this but they are a bunch of self righteous A**holes.........How I hate this religion!

r.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Much freedom comes from hard choices. If you really want it then stop going. Choose who you will and wont let in your house. You are an adult? Adults dont let themselves be ramrodded into doing things they dont want to do.

Im not trying to be mean. It might sound harsh but it is a harsh reality. Im just trying to give some different angle to look at.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

What IP_SEC said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit