Just got back from the Public Talk/WT study......very disappointed

by R.F. 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lrkr
    lrkr

The blatent negativity was one of the things that my wife and I always complained about to each other. Why are they so intent on convincing us that our lives are so terrible? She would ask me. We would sit inside on a beautiful spring day and hear about how depressing the world is. Then our son started to pick up on it. A 6 year old saying, "I cant wait for the new system." Why? Your life right now is not so bad...

The time wasted listening to how terrible the world can be was the main reason that my wife missed 85% of meetings. It took me reading the facts on the internet for me to join her mentally.

• R.F.
    R.F.

And I think that's why so many JWs are under so much stress and depression. Convince them that EVERYTHING around them outside the kingdom hall is EVIL and that listening to them is the only way to safety and you got em. That seems to be the way that every public talk is...............

Spend part of it saying how horrible the world is, and spend the rest telling you to make all the meetings, field service, and study the WT publications.

No wonder so many JWs can't be reasoned with.

R.F.

• 5go
    5go
    I walked straight to the front to grab a seat and it just seemed like all eyes were on me.

Wow, you are brave to sit up in the front. It's the worst place in the hall. You can't even yawn without being noticed! I'm sure all eyes were on you, they are so judgemental . Keep going and pat yourself on the back for another week behind you.

My mom always sits up front. I always want to tell her there is a reason they keep telling us to sit in the front. So they can sit behind us and watch what we do. Then they can mark us as not good enough because, I yawn at brother so and stuipid's talk or sister rightchass' answers.

• Warlock
    Warlock

RF

I don't think it was a waste of two hours.

You saw things and felt things that you had not in the recent past, you brought it here so we could read it, and you prepared US in case we ever have to go back for whatever reason.

Warlock

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

hey RF..

Itookmy 2 hours back today! SLEPT IN......I did not go to the meeting, got all I needed from the Craptower from Blondie.....I might have to go to the TMS/SM this week just to pick up lit and make an appearance once in awhile... (I just could not do 2 Sundays in a row, might give them hope...)

I say RF, you got balls....and the front row to boot. I NEVER NEVER EVER sat in the front row, always back row or near back except when I was Theocratic Ministry School Too Much Stupidity Overseer...then I sat on the back row during the Service Sales Meeting. I used to sit on the back wall as an attendant, but then the PO got pissed because I was spending too much time in the lobby (trying to help friends who were upset with either a) what was being said on the platform, b) what was being said about them by elders or c) elders giving them inappropriate advise couched as "encouragement") So he flexed his "authority" since as PO he is over attendants and told me I was not going to be an attendant anymore.... actually, he did not tell me, he just posted a new schedule and I chewed him a new ass for ambushing me before posting it. Made him give me a fake apology for his not showing respect to his older elders.

boo hoo, I was so FU*King sad! No more being an attendant! I still hung out in the lobby and/or outside helping those who needed a listening ear.....more important than the drivel issuing out of the mouth of the fools (and sadly I am sure a lot of drivel came out of my mouth too)

So, RF, you STILL have your Privileges, eh? Shocking you young apostate! I hope your fade goes well. I want to meet you one of these days.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "missing lots of meetings" Sheep Class)

• poppers
    poppers

From Blondie: "Actually, I don't worry about the past; but I make sure it stays the past and doesn't poison the present and make the present like my past."

Very wise. There is a deep truth in what you say.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Snakes,

Yea i still have the privleges, but one of the elders said today, "it's so great to have you back....WE want to speak with you though, but we don't want any pressure on you." He said it in a rather fatherly tone, not in a condemning way. Hmmmmm......could this finally be a sign of the elders deciding to take action?? And I have TMS parts coming up, i'm suprised they keep giving them to me in this frequency given my current bout of "absenteeism".

But you all ARE right. I'm glad I could help some of you, and i'm glad the meeting gave me more assurance of my leaving the org being the right thing.

R.F.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Hey R.F.

I've had one or two of those conversations as well.

Obviously they want to make sure that you are ok. They don't really want to hear that you're not ok; but they just have to ask.

They will get around of course, to asking you if you are having any spiritual problems. In their opinion you have either committed a serious sin and are dealing with a guilty conscience or you're becoming weak in the faith and need encouragement before it's too late.

Let them know for sure that you're not having any spiritual problems but you are [insert your public fading response here] and are doing the best you can.

If you want to fade you can't give them any reason to suspect apostasy or spiritual sickness that can lead to apostasy or pulling away from the organization.

When do you think you'll request to stop being a MS? Perhaps you should play the depressed;sick;whatever card when you talk with them and use that as your excuse to step aside. Tell them you need time to get over your emotional issues.

Good luck.

• anewme
    anewme

I WANT MY 35 YEARS BACK!!!!!

Oh well, I am alive and that is what counts now. Alive to enjoy precious freedom and reality and see for the first time the goodness in the world and the beauty and to help where there is pain and suffering.

We have all become wise philosophers.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Did`nt the WBT$ lock it`s doors to the public during the 911 disaster???...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit