The simplest explanation of 607 BCE

by Doug Mason 116 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scholar
    scholar

Alan F

Post 5125

Wrong as usual. Celebrated WT scholars did not for the first time as you allege that the application of the 390 years was featured in the Kingdom Is At Hand published in 1944 by means of a chart. This chart makes no mention of this application but simply provides a tabulated chronology. Further, it was in the November 15, 1937 Watchtower that such application was made with an adjoining major fulfillment upon Christendom. Get your facts right!

At last you get something right by your astute observation that it was first with the publication of Aid to Bible Understanding in 1969 that the 390 years of Ezekiel presented as the Divided Monarchy was also in agreement with Jewish tradition.

Yes, following your logic no one knows the precise year for the Fall of Jerusalem and yet apostates are foolishly dogmatic in asserting that 607 cannot be that year. When you have certainty on the matter then and only then can you dismiss the claim of the celebrated Wt scholars regarding the potency of 607 BCE.The very fact that the Bible gives different regnal years for the reign of Nebuchadnezzer in regards to the Fall is made a problem by the higher critic and apostates who have stumbled over their sloppy and foolish methodology. Wsely, the celebrated ones have because of using an 'event-based 'methodology have easily harmonized the data. No problem here but big problem for you.

So, whose chronology is correct Tjhiele's which you pretend to endorse or Jeffro's? What about Tadmor, Hyatt or Cogan's just to confuse matters further?

You state that chronology of the Divided Monarchy prior to the NB is irrelevant but that is a stupid statement to make. I have long stated that chronology is dependent on history and if cannot get the history right then the chronology is flawed. An accurate chronology of the Divided Monarchy is absolutely vital because it provides the historical context for the events of that late Judean period.

The chronologies of Thiele and apostates is flawed because it uses a sloppy methodology namely regnal -based and ignores the biblical 'seventy years' which negates such flawed chronologies. A simple event- based methodology is not handicapped by trying to harmonize all of the biblical data which at this stage of current scholarship is impossible because there is much of the past that is simply not known.

The understanding of Ezekiel's 390 years period of iniquity, Age of Wrath, Divided Monarchy presented by the 'celebrated WT scholars finds support in Jewish tradition and more recently, the Dead Sea Scrolls. You would like more information but you are a rude fellow so you do the research on the Scrolls or has scholar got to hold your hand for you as usual. As usual you accuse the Society of poor referencing or misleading references and yet you get your facts completely wrong.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Doug Mason

Post 241

Your remarks about my academic experience diminishes you and shows how truly ignorant you are. When you go to University and study something then and only then will you learn something about how this world works.

scholar JW

• emptywords
    emptywords

Scholar has strong faith, and prefers to see the bible's viewpoint, I think thats comendable.

• emptywords
    emptywords

I don't understand why some are freakin' out about someone disagreeing on 607, and calling Scholar a trouble maker and moron whatever just because they believe from their own studies that it is correct because they prefer to believe the bible over secular scholars. So what, its only a date, I am not convinced that is right, nor do I really care, the biggest problem in the society has nothing to do with a date, it has to do with lack of love.

• emptywords
    emptywords

A question for Scholar.

I have noticed that the majority of you're posts concern 607=1914, it seems that you're entire belief system must be around this date.

What of all the other erroneous teachings of the WTBTS and it's GB. Do you hold faith in the teaching that they have already been judged and given the holy role of FDS.

If you do then I would challenge that.

• scholar
    scholar

emptywords

Post 513

I do not agree that there erroneous teachings coming from the FDS. I believe that they and they alone are servants of the Master and they are fulfilling the prophecies in the Bible. They have made mistakes but as the light of truth continues to shine then it is easily seen what group og people truly constitute the true church.

scholar JW

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    They have made mistakes but as the light of truth continues to shine then it is easily seen what group og people truly constitute the true church

This is pretty funny, so what was once put forth as truth in the early days of the WT can be nulified later in years as non-truth. I always thought truth was truth.

Still waiting for a kings list to clear up any doubts you and your org. has one.

• emptywords
    emptywords

Scholor thank you for you're reply. I think the mistakes they have made concern the importance of dates. They stupidly put emphasis on dates which the bible says not to look to dates and seasons etc. because of this some of the members have been stumbled and much hard ship has been caused. Then the society turned and blamed them for being overly zealous, which you would probably agree, but I dont' , I am not saying that it is not the church that God was using I think because of the arrogance of the FDS it has become corrupted.

I also don't think that anyone that stays in the organization is stupid once they know that there have been mistake rather I think that they stay in spit shows a huge amount of faith, and not the ones to judge why they stay.

empty

• timmycat
    timmycat

This is a question for Scholar.

Did you get suspicious of the accuracy of 1914, and thats the reason you did all youre studies to try and prove to youreself that 1914 was correct, or was it just curiostity?

I understand that you say that the FDS believe the bible over worldy scholars, fair enough.

Timmy

• scholar
    scholar

timmycat

I have never doubted the integrity of 1914 and my academic and biblical study in all matters asssociated with that date have exceeded my expectations and that is the reason that I am an apologist for such matters. I have used my academic studies to provide me with the necessary intellectual skills to defend and criticize those opposing viewpoints.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit