Would Witnesses Go Out in Ministry if They Didn't Allow Counting Time?

by flipper 35 Replies latest jw friends

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I know. It's hard to contain your laughter. I understand

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The WTS will never stop counting hours and return visits, perhaps they would stop
    counting placements. There's too much control over people's lives in the monthly
    report, and the organization is obsessed with the tabulating of all these numbers.

If they did stop counting hours, some would count and compare secretly for awhile
    but that would stop. Everyone would cut waaaaaay back. Those trying to get
    promoted would show up weekly for field service, but would work less than 30 minutes then
    take their "coffee break" with the elders, then quit for the day. So that would be about
    2 hours a month for up and coming brothers, and an hour or less for just about
    everyone else.

Some JW's would enjoy sleeping in late, others would take up Golf on Saturdays.
    Families would enjoy washing the car or going to the beach on Saturday.
    Pioneers would realize that there were many other important things they could do.
    Less JW's would leave the JW's if they did this, so that's one bad point.

• poppers
    poppers

"Poppers, Did you ask them if they reported the time they spent? or if service was voluntary?"

I asked if going d2d was required, and they said it was strictly voluntary. They also said they didn't think less of anyone who didn't do the d2d work. I didn't buy that line but that but didn't say anything; I didn't ask about reporting time spent doing it.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

A girl I was roommates with in my 20's used to submit a false field service report in order to remain apart of the regular pioneer "club".

• lies all lies
    lies all lies

I think the more appropriate wording would be....if they didn't HAVE to count time----either way the answer is no

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Of course they would. They're motivated solely by love for God and their neighbor. Nothing they do is for show. Sorry, I tried to do that with a straight face.

• erandir
    erandir

They would just find another way to know who participates. A roll call or

attendance sheet being kept at each service meeting, for example, would

fulfill that very nicely. Or turning in a monthly participation sheet to the

bookstudy overlord without listing times, just dates. After all, field service

is mandatory for a "Christian" who wants to be in good standing, isn't it?

Then they'd have everyone meet up later for an after-service head count to

try to ensure everyone did go out in service. To quelch any idea of showing

up for the meetings without actually going out in service just to get their names

on the paper, they'd be sure to have monthly guilt trip parts talking about just that.

If there was absolutely no accounting of it at all, then field service would drop by 75%,

I would think. Just the eager beavers wanting to get ahead in the organization

would actually go...and those wanting to look down on others...and a couple

honest-but-stupid ones.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Why is the formatting all messed up?

I did it on accident never.

I was just HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA too hard!

Sorry.

That's it, I'm getting myself a wide screen monitor

• Hannah
    Hannah

I know for sure kids jump up and down for joy. Finally a day to sleep in or at least be able to watch cartoons. I always wanted to watch cartoons on Saturday mornings like all the other kids were doing when we knocked on their doors

The butt-kissers would definitely continue going d2d making sure to mention it to EVERYONE.

Then there are the sincere hearted people who feel obligated to go d2d so they're not held blood guilty.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It is certainly not true that they are doing so voluntarily the org puts a lot of pressure on them to carry out this activity and those that don't are in essence marked as weak JWs, they are failing to serve the kingdom and are therefore damnable. Most JWs would slacken up had the org not tightly controlled them with the mothly report.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit