Would Witnesses Go Out in Ministry if They Didn't Allow Counting Time?

by flipper 35 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

If they didn't require the D-to-D work then how would they decide who qualifies for MS and Elder positions?- appointments would then be based on only the "brown-noser" ranking of the brothers. I think that is what is is in reality anyway!

• flipper
    flipper

Mr. Flipper here again. Did I start the bad formatting? How did it happen? It cut out some of the first part of the thread I wrote. Oh well, you guys get the drift of what I'm asking here anyway. Good answers and replies! Thanks. Oh yeah. Another one I used to see was publishers take undedicated kids with them in service so they could witness to them on break time. Or how about the witness in your car group who would'nt shut up at the donut place and proceed to embarrass the hell out of the rest of us by being opportunistic? There were all kinds of tricks people used to report time, once again, their main motive. Moshe- you were dead on too. 6 hours a month you wouldn't get appointed an as a ms, but by god you get 10 hours a month for 6 months to a year straight and suddenly you are tapping on spiritualities door!! Peace to you al, Mr. Flipper. Keep it comin'!

• choosing life
    choosing life

I remember when my husband and me were aux. pioneering and we would stop and break and study with our young unbaptized son to keep that time rolling. They put a stop to that by saying a father could only count 1 hrs. a week studying with his children. The mother could not count any even if she was there too. More gender bias, as I see it.

The last several months that I participated in the ministry, I did not turn in time. I felt God knew what I was doing. It drove the elders crazy because they knew I had time spent to turn in and couldn't imagine me not wanting credit for it. I always found it to be pleasing men and unnecessary to begin with.

• flipper
    flipper

Very true choosing life, sounds like you did it out of love and proper motive. Must have driven the elders nuts they couldn't keep track of your "activity". To them ,it's all about control, or their not losing it

• uninformed
    uninformed

In two words: HELL NO>

• flipper
    flipper

Uninformed- I agree totally, Peace, Mr. Flipper

• blondie
    blondie

Some fake their time now...it would make it easier for them for sure. But how would the BOE measure the spirituality of the elders, potential elders, MS, and potential elders, whether someone should be a regular pioneer, how would they even tell the difference between a regular and an auxiliary pioneer. If one only had to answer to God and not the elders, the elders would lose control.

Blondie

• loosie
    loosie

So how many people actually loved to go out in service? I never understood when elders would say you should love to got out in field service.

If it wasn't required I don't think many would go out.

• R.F.
    R.F.

So how many people actually loved to go out in service? I never understood when elders would say you should love to got out in field service.

Haha. Your BOE is ALOT different than mine. They are always saying how they can't wait until the preaching work is over. One even said..."none of us LOVE to go door to door." He was referring to all JWs.

• flipper
    flipper

Blondie- Yeah! Everything is about outward appearances to the witnesses. I knew witnesses who would go out in service 50, 90 hours a month but their home life was a wreck. Broken marriages, husbands abusing wives, etc. It's really what's inside of a person that counts. Loosie- I loved the coffee breaks and donuts. I'd try to convince others to go to lunch but some pioneer would spoil the party and say, "no I've got to get my time in". Not worth missin' a meal to me! R.F. My god! What balls of fire your elders were! No joy at all. Did they cram this in your head like they did me? "If after you have done everything say We are good for nothing slaves. What we have done is what we ought to have done" Jeez, no fun at al!! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit