Would Witnesses Go Out in Ministry if They Didn't Allow Counting Time?

by flipper 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Most JWs don't even go out in service and still count time.

• JK666
    JK666

Flipper, you seem to miss the point. They can't stop counting time.

To JW's: Service time = Currency

Time IS money. That is how you "buy" position in the org. You buy being an MS or Elder by reporting more time than others.

It doesn't matter if you actually do it, just report it and show up for meetings for service once in a while.

JK

• flipper
    flipper

Hello guys- Minimus- Yes, I'm aware that some witnesses do not even go out inservice yet report time anyway. I knew some, myself included when pioneering who used to write letters to do not calls to get your time started as a pioneer in the morning if I was too lazy to get up at7:00 A.M. Lots of ways! JK666- I agree with you. There were many I knew that would put the time in for only that purpose to reach out for ministerial servant or elder, and once appointed I remember hearing some friek out if they couldn't reach the magic number of 10 hours per month, thinking they'd be deleted from their positions if they couldn't average that number. And we all wonder why the witnesses are so paranoid? Jeez, it's obvious!! Peace to you all, Mr. Flipper Keep posts comin'!

• Illyrian
    Illyrian

I remember once commenting to an elder how much time does he think people would report if they discounted time spent in gossiping of their brothers and sisters while going door to door because that would really not constitute as a sacred service, would it? He just gave a blank look as if seeing a ghost lol.

But to answer to your question I think most would go less and less and eventually going into service. However, if they had voluntary system from beginning situations would be like with many other churches where faithful ones give their time and resources for free. But it's too late now.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Flipper..JW`s will do what ever they are told by the WBT$..If that means going door to door and not counting time..Thats what will happen.....If their told to let their children die from lack of a blood transfusion..That`s what will happen.....JW`s have no will of their own...OUTLAW

• flipper
    flipper

Hello thanks for replies. Illyrian- Yeah, I remember sister so and so always had something nasty to spread about others. It would really drag down the time being in service. They should have made service voluntary from the start, then the motives would have been better. Outlaw- You're so right. If the witnesses were told to jump off a cliff by the governing body, I'm sure they'd do it! Hey, think I'll call Bethel and plant an idea there! Just joking! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit