DO YOU THINK THERE'S A CURE FOR CANCER?

by Mary 105 Replies latest watchtower medical

• brinjen
    brinjen

Are you kidding me, SOOO much money WOULD be made in the cure!

Not if the cure was something the pharmaceutical companies couldn't whack a few patents on and charge the earth for

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Isn't this debate about something else entirely.

Is humanity capable of altruism?

Or are all actions selfishly motivated?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Are you kidding me, SOOO much money WOULD be made in the cure!

Not if the cure was something the pharmaceutical companies couldn't whack a few patents on and charge the earth for

In the US and anywhere else it would be sold, that would be made public knowledge.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

A little thought is all that's needed to disprove this idea. A cure for cancer is at the very least a guaranteed Nobel prize, so everyone actively involved in the conspiracy must be already so rich and powerful - and paradoxically, lacking in ambition - that the idea of winning such a prestigious well-paying award is not worth it.

It seems unlikely that it was only the people at the highest levels of pharmaceutical companies who discovered the cure. Normally the grunt work is done by people much further down the ladder, people who would be attracted by the opportunity of winning a Nobel prize, or at least people who aren't so hideously corrupt as to keep such a find secret. (Lab assistants would at the very least find their mice to be cancer-free.) But perhaps it was the older people in the company who by themselves discovered the cure, and somehow through some amazing statistical anomaly nobody they cared about ever developed cancer, or perhaps they synthesised the cure just for themselves and their loved ones, none of whom had a problem with the disgusting shocking behaviour necessary.

And if it's so certain that there must be a cure and it was developed decades ago, then wouldn't someone else - someone researching a cure perhaps - have stumbled upon the same one? Is everybody who is in a position to discover a cancer cure so corrupt and powerful that they would wish to and be able to keep it a secret? Is there no whistleblower to be found anywhere?

But all that is assuming that there is profit to be made in suppressing a cure. In reality of course, the company - or individual but that's a lot less likely - that discovers a cure for cancer will make a fortune. It would probably be the single most profitable thing they could do. Drug companies aren't making much money from chemotherapy or radiotherapy. Maybe some of the conspiracy fantasists are imagining a one-time-only cancer cure pill. In reality, a cure is more likely to be a long course of pills. I'm sure having discovered a cure, a suitably devious drug company could produce a course of treatments that have to be taken continually to keep the cancer in remission providing them with unimaginably vast profit margins - surely better than spending billions on research and then hiding the results.

On a side note, perhaps it's just a coincidence but it seems that all the people on this thread who believe a cure for cancer has been discovered are those who frequently believe very unlikely things without any evidence.

• anewme
    anewme

I think there are cures out there in the world.

I was struck with wonder recently after viewing an old medical drama about a woman in the mid west who was severely stung by over 500 bees.

She almost died of the stings. But when she survived she found something else had occured! She was completely free of her longstanding rheumatoid arthritis!

I asked a doctor about this documentary I saw and he confirmed that for ages bee stings have been thought to cure painful arthritis by stimulating the immune response to the area. Women for centuries have offered their hands and knees to the bees and allowed them to be stung in order to receive the cure.

In this case it is not the poison from the bee sting that cures, but the body's own immune response to the emergency that cures the arthritis condition.

What do you think about that?

Anewme

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    What do you think about that?

I think most people would have quickly died of a heart attack! Holistic research (and I use that term very loosely) should be handled outside of the medical profession.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Please highlight your post FD.

• anewme
    anewme

She did almost die!!!! Poor thing!!! That was rough to watch. It showed the 911 response to her dilemma.
    She was still standing in her driveway when the paramedics arrived and was covered head to toe with stinging bees. They had to continue to scrape them off in the ambulance. Her kidneys failed, her heart almost stopped etc.
    But like I said, afterwards she was pain free!!!!

This makes me think a key to health lies with the immune system.

Anewme

• Descender
    Descender

My mother died of cancer at the beginning of last year at the age of fifty-four. No one in my family had ever had cancer and we were all totally oblivious to what to do about it, except what her doctors told her. It was malignant melanoma that had effected her liver. We found out a few things as her health declined. The misconseption is that the United States is the end all be all as far as medical care goes. That's as far from the truth as you can get. There are so many restrictions on health care procedures here in the United States that even if other options are definitively known to help more than the standard Chemo-Radiation procedures would, you can't get them here because they haven't been approved for use, even on people that will die without and would be willing to sign waivers just to have another option available.

Also, for people that haven't ever had cancer, there are stages from 1 through 4. If you are diagnosed with liver cancer of any kind, you automatically have stage 4. With stages 1 through 3 of cancer you have a chance of remission with treatment, but stage 4, that's the stage that the doctors give up on you. Stage 4 is where the doctor gives you a sad look and skirts the subject and says on average you have this many months to live. My mother's doctors told her she had a few options. She could take chemotherapy, which the doctors could almost gaurantee would not help at all with liver cancer. She could go to a hospice and live out her last days being taken care of there, or she could go home and take care of her affairs and die there.

My mom was a JW and she had a friend in the congregation that had had cancer 5 years before. This woman's cancer had effected her ovaries and had spread to several of her organs including her stomach and liver. She told my mom that when she had been diagnosed, the doctors here in the US told her that she was stage 4 and could go the chemo route, but that she would die and on average she had less than six months to live. This lady told my mom that when the doctors here had told her she was going to die, she went to the hospital Santa Monica in Mexico. It's considered an alternative hospital, mostly dealing in treatment of cancer. There were certain treatments that were customized to the type of cancer that the person had and the successfull remission rate is much higher than the remission rate in the US with conventional treatments.

This lady that told my mom about this hospital in Mexico went into remission while being treated there and when she came back to the US, her cancer was all but gone. Today, five years later, she has no signs of cancer in her body at all. My mom decided to take her chances and go there, she was very weak at the time because she had opted for one treatment of chemo here before she knew about this other option. For two weeks she progressively got better as evidenced by her blood work that they would check every day. But unbeknownst to her, the chemo and the pain pills that she had been perscribed by her doctors here in the US for her cancer had caused ulcers in her stomach and two weeks after she'd been at this hospital in Mexico her ulcers ruptured in her stomach and she started to bleed internally. It was found out too late what had happened and the doctors wanted to give her blood, but she said, "no blood" as she passed in and out of conciousness. It was too late anyway and she died.

But I sometimes wonder, if she'd known about the option of the hospital in Mexico when she was first diagnosed with cancer, before the chemo, and before the pain meds, would she have stood a much better chance. I personally think, yes.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm going to make a brief comment and leave.

My father dedicated his life to helping end this disease. He's well off, but could have made a lot more money than he did. He pioneered a treatment for childhood leukemia when nobody else thought it could be done. He split the 1990 Nobel Prize in Medicine with the guy who did the first kidney transplant. When we got home from Sweden he gave away the money. $900,000.

www.fhcrc.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit